Hard to decide. Klipsch X10 or SE530.
Aug 16, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With Shure black olive foamies the SA6's actually isolate better than the E500's, probably because they insert a bit deeper.

I've made a few posts with some impressions/comparisons of two from back when I had both so you if you want more detail you might try searching using my username. Briefly though the SA6's have a bit leaner, punchier sound with better extension on the top. The E500's capture decay better whereas the SA6's are better at portraying the initial transient. The E500's have a soundstage that's set further back and wider but the SA6's is deeper and has more height. I personally really like both but for different reasons. The SA6's customizable sound, modular, versatile design and cheaper price gives it the edge in books.

i guess i'll b ordering these babies and send my 530's for a warranty if it has em (bought new on ebay).

Aug 16, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #17 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by elnero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The OP has narrowed his options to the Images and 530's so he's not interested in the Sleeks which is why I didn't talk about them initially, they came up in a side discussion.

Sorry elnero, but if you look back the OP asked where to even get Sleeks (post #8 I believe), giving me the impression he might possibly be interested in them. I just thought Id let him know that the two he originally narrowed it down to might be more comparable with his M5 in the bass department. Most, not all however, that own M5 are really interested in bass. I took a leap assuming that but its usually true, plus it doesnt ever hurt to throw something out there. But you are the vetran head-fier and I covet your opinion without even knowing you. Respect to you.

Thanks for the info on the X10 though, Im still going to have a hard time not pulling the trigger lol.
Im such an addict!

As far as advocating trying things yourself I completely agree. But if we did that what would we talk about here on head-fi in the portable audio section. And Im only being a little bit of a smart ass lol.

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:02 AM Post #18 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by pseudohippy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry elnero, but if you look back the OP asked where to even get Sleeks (post #8 I believe), giving me the impression he might possibly be interested in them.

Oooops I completely missed that, sorry.

Quote:

Thanks for the info on the X10 though, Im still going to have a hard time not pulling the trigger lol.
Im such an addict!

I hear ya, I think part of the reason I bought the X10's at all was I've abstained from buying anything since around Christmas so I was getting the itch. :p

Quote:

As far as advocating trying things yourself I completely agree. But if we did that what would we talk about here on head-fi in the portable audio section. And Im only being a little bit of a smart ass lol.

It's great to try as much as possible, unfortunately there's not really anywhere to try anything where I live so I have to narrow my choices down through research here and other forums as much as possible. I am fortunate that there a couple of other local Head-Fier's so we get to try each others new toys.
biggrin.gif

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:23 AM Post #19 of 30
Thanks for everyone's effort. I appreciate it.

I am interested in getting Sleeks as long as they perform on par with X10 & SE530.

As for SE530s, I'm guessing that there will be no problem with cables as it has been fixed?

Thanks
Don

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:56 AM Post #20 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by don_lee103 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested in getting Sleeks as long as they perform on par with X10 & SE530.

I personally like all of them for different reasons so I think it really comes down to personal preference and budget.
Quote:

As for SE530s, I'm guessing that there will be no problem with cables as it has been fixed?

While it's been reported the problem has been fixed to my knowledge Shure has never given any date from which this happened or any way of distinguishing the new from the old. I remain somewhat wary because I don't think it's uncommon to get older stock when ordering (this is for anything, not just Shure and probably would be dependent on the retailer and how much stock they keep at any one time).

Aug 16, 2008 at 3:58 AM Post #21 of 30
Elnero,

I initially chose X10 as they were about $100 cheaper. In your opinion, do you think SE530 (or vise versa) will perform $100 better than X10s/

Also, I don't find X10 to be too comfortable but this is something that I'll get used to

Aug 16, 2008 at 4:40 AM Post #22 of 30
Quote:

I initially chose X10 as they were about $100 cheaper. In your opinion, do you think SE530 (or vise versa) will perform $100 better than X10s/

Again, personal preference will come into play and I've only had the X10's for a day but based on my initial impression I'd say no
Quote:

Also, I don't find X10 to be too comfortable but this is something that I'll get used to

That's always something to consider, on a pure comfort level I'd say the X10's are close to, if not the most comfortable I've had. Unfortunately though I've had some sensitivity to the silicone used in tips from various manufacturers and I seem to be at least somewhat sensitive to the ear gels as well. I'm hoping this passes, otherwise I may not be able to keep them as I believe the ear gels are the only tips that will fit.

Aug 16, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #23 of 30
Having owned the E500, I was considering the X10 as my next IEM to try out.

I have been wondering if the bass is as nice as the Shures, and if it has better highs.. (the one thing I didn't like about the Shures..)

Aug 16, 2008 at 2:24 PM Post #25 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by kloan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Having owned the E500, I was considering the X10 as my next IEM to try out.

I have been wondering if the bass is as nice as the Shures, and if it has better highs.. (the one thing I didn't like about the Shures..)

The bass is probably +6dB on the X10 versus SE530. The treble is similar. If you want highs, go with ER4P/S or Triple.Fi.

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:06 PM Post #27 of 30
well now that i thought about it. Instead of getting sleek audio just for the cables i'm considering x10's vs triple fi leaning towards triple fi cuz they also have that little bendable plastic piece near the headphone which i really like and i had and ue5 pros long time ago and they were pretty good

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:37 PM Post #29 of 30
Quote:

Does anyone know if Klipsch has strict with honoring warranty as well? Buying from ebay is about $200-220 where as most of retailers sell them for $240 & up.

You can get them for $211 shipped on Amazon, with a 30-day money back. Make sure you buy them from Amazon, not a third party seller. Amy from Klipsch says they are not going to last long at that price from an authorized seller. Of course, they are not shipping until Sept. 10-Oct. 1 for some weird reason.

Also, someone claims they got the shure olives onto the X-10s, so that would be a boost on the comfort front.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:06 PM Post #30 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Also, someone claims they got the shure olives onto the X-10s, so that would be a boost on the comfort front.

I just got them on mine as well. Comfort with the olives is about the same as with SA6's but my own sensitivity silicone tips aside I'd say the ear gels are even more comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back