happy new dej725 owner ...
Jul 25, 2002 at 5:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Buddha

100+ Head-Fier
Just scored this unit for USD$20 with all accessories and manual.

A few light scratches o/wise perfect.

Gotta lurve that backlight remote,

and 86 hours playback.

smily_headphones1.gif

hmmm must rig that optical out to a meta42.

Jul 25, 2002 at 7:15 PM Post #2 of 10
congrats, this is a fine unit for $150CAN, let alone $20US!

Lucky non-north american ppl....u get the sony 725 with a backlit remote, while north american versions have this cheapy remote with no display...

Jul 26, 2002 at 3:47 AM Post #3 of 10
I still found the backlit remote on the D-EJ725 a bit awkward... my brother got a replacement remote for his 905 and that's what I used... even better
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

I know some of you may be saying why I don't use the 905 if I've got one??? Well, its G-prot audio compression mode can't be turned off, and it can't read 74+ min. discs.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 26, 2002 at 10:07 AM Post #4 of 10
Congrats.
EJ725 is an overall nice player in terms of features.
BTW have you noticed that Sony reintroduced it under a different model #, EJ 835 or something, or at least this is a player that looks exactly the same as my EJ 725.

Jul 26, 2002 at 10:40 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by blr
Congrats.
EJ725 is an overall nice player in terms of features.
BTW have you noticed that Sony reintroduced it under a different model #, EJ 835 or something, or at least this is a player that looks exactly the same as my EJ 725.

I believe the 835 or whatever they are calling it has CDRW playback which the 725 supposedly does not have (don't know, never tried it).

Jul 26, 2002 at 11:22 AM Post #7 of 10
Thanx everyone ... cdr is ok but I havent tried cdrw yet either, however quite fortuitously the same seller of the 725 sold me a sony 10x4x32 burner (also for $20) so I'll soon be able to test the theory.

Initial impressions are good ... an improvement from my previous pana sl-sx410, which I found to be a little too bright when paired with the already 'excitable' koss 35s ... (Im burning in a backup set of 35s while playing with the new 725)

Hello lucien
There are quite a few of us sandgropers on the board now, so soon well be able to get the World Tour of Headphones to call 'Downunder'... and Im typing this in Rockingham.

Jul 27, 2002 at 7:11 AM Post #9 of 10
CDR is good enough for me... although it's true that I'm getting swamped by them by now
tongue.gif

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
May 15, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 10
ooo... Perth people!
smily_headphones1.gif
Yep, I also got the DE-J725 which i bought a year or so ago when it came out coz that was all i could afford. They sounded absolutely perfect with the 888's i was listening with - except they broke :p It's an awesome sounding player out of the line-out jack with the sony-ex71SL's. Crisp highs, great mids and a balanced bass response. Unfortunately, I'm more than unhappy with the headphone out. They sound really really muddy on my ex71SL's. I think it's a recent trend for sony players to have shocking eQ and bass boost. Wish they'll make it sound like the line-out jack but with the population en-masse wanting heavy metal thumping bass, they musta sacrificed sound quality/accuracy (for us audiophiles) to please the others. Does anyone out there know of a current Cd-portable with a really good headphone jack?

did some internet searches way back - the 725 doesn't play CD-RW (i know some international sony websites say it does - they're wrong). I've never gotton mine to - it doesn't recognise the disc. It does play CD-R's really well. You need to buy the newer (current) generation sony walkman's to get CD-RW playback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back