Happy Birthday, stuartr!
Apr 14, 2004 at 3:02 PM Post #16 of 45
Happy birthday Stuart. If/when I ever meet you and you don't look like that guy in your avatar......I am going to be awfully disappointed.

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:40 PM Post #19 of 45
Thanks a lot for all the kind words guys. The birthday will be pretty low-key. I need to teach a section at 6 pm on philosophers of nationalism -- Fichte, Mazzini, O'Connell, John Stuart Mill and Metternich. Before doing that however, I have to read them
eek.gif
. Not too much luckily. As for gifts, I'm not really out for much -- some new wool slippers from my birthplace, New Zealand, and maybe a nice bottle of wine.

JMT -- I suppose I might look a bit like Shostakovich, I just need the coke-bottle glasses. Maybe I will be him next halloween. I can think of only one or two people who would recognize me though...
genetic -- hmm, if only my family thought like you! That would be an awesome gift.

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:44 PM Post #21 of 45
Happy Birthday!

Apr 14, 2004 at 4:58 PM Post #22 of 45
Have a fantastic birthday Stuart! Many happy returns!
biggrin.gif

Cheers,
Alex
580smile.gif

P.S.: I just wish SoCal wasn't so far away so I could attend the meet.
frown.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 6:05 PM Post #23 of 45
Happy birthday Stuart. Here's to one of the good guys here, may your day be filled with time spent with friends, family, and some good tunes.

Apr 14, 2004 at 6:30 PM Post #24 of 45
Have a great day Stuart!

Hope you get all the goodies that you're after
biggrin.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 8:13 PM Post #28 of 45
I think my students would be much happier buying me 1 P.O.S. than a PS1...but thanks for suggestion. And thanks again for all the comments guys, it is nice to hear since none of my family or really close friends are out here on the west coast (except for head-fiers of course).

Apr 14, 2004 at 8:36 PM Post #29 of 45
Happy Birthday to the man who introduced me to the best Cello Suites! Stuart, thanks for making this place so special.
280smile.gif

Apr 14, 2004 at 10:46 PM Post #30 of 45
Hey.......hope you have a happy one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back