Happy Birthday, ServingInEquador!
May 23, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #46 of 69
Happy birthday Doug,
Hope you had a good one.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 23, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #50 of 69
Happy Birthday Doug!

Looking forward to another year of your posts.

(So wadjaget?! wadjaget?!)

May 23, 2004 at 3:00 PM Post #52 of 69
Thanks for all your good wishes guys! I am in Rapid City, SD right now visiting a friend who's pastoring a church here after leaving San Diego a few years ago. I haven't had access to the 'net for two days now, AND I SURVIVED. We spent my birthday driving around and seeing the sites here. We went to Mt. Rushmore, Sylvan Lake, Custer State Park, and even had a Buffalo Burger for lunch. (Very tasty BTW.
smily_headphones1.gif
)

It's been a whirlwind three days, and it ends tomorrow when we fly back to Sacramento, then back to Orange County on Tuesday. Too little time, too much to do.

The trip was awesome so far, and a big highlight was getting to meet and talk with JMT. Man, he's patient. He listened to me babble on and on for nearly three hours at Starbucks on Friday. Now I know why everyone here loves him so much: he's just a super nice guy and easy to talk to.

Thanks again. You guys are the best.

May 23, 2004 at 6:29 PM Post #53 of 69
Doug, happy belated birthday!!

I'm off galavanting in the Bay Area, sorry I missed your actual bday. I'm glad you're having an awesome trip, we'll have to meet up when you get back to OC.

I hope you treated yourself to something special or will have some precious new toys waiting for you when you get home
smily_headphones1.gif

May 25, 2004 at 2:53 AM Post #55 of 69
Belated Happy Birthday, Doug, and many more in good health. Spent your birthday on the Rosebud (prairie poodle safari: doin' the work of the Lord!) and was in Rapid on Saturday. That's a nice town; hope you and yours are happy there.

May 25, 2004 at 8:03 PM Post #57 of 69
Happy birthday, Servinginequador. And to think, it all started just buying a little headphone cable.....
eek.gif

May 26, 2004 at 12:05 AM Post #58 of 69
Belated Happy Birthday Doug! Sorry that this is late!
I hope that you have a wonderful year to come of joyous times, safe travels and great audio!
I hope that I get to meet you if/when you stop by Atlanta to meet Tom Hankins in your travels later this year. Your posts are always edifying, and I'd love to meet you in person. Tom speaks very highly of you too!
Best wishes!
Lyra

May 26, 2004 at 1:40 AM Post #59 of 69
Thanks to the last few posters posting after my last post. As I said, you guys are the best.

I didn't get any new toys for the birthday this year. A few cards, a check for $36 ($1 for each year of age), a NICE couple of dinners with the in-laws (one in Sacramento last night, one tonight after returning to Orange County), and a dessert of chocolate cake last night that was fabulous.

I guess you could say this is for my birthday, but if all goes well I'll have a small amount of Amperex pinched waist E180CC tubes coming in the mail on Friday. I am dying to hear how they'll sound in the new Denon as the Amperex CV8431s are already incredible, and the Amperex pinched waists should be over the top good. I'll be using a few in this unit, and then sitting on the rest until the price of this series of tubes goes up closer to $100+ per tube. I figure that upon my next return to the states they'll be close to that or above.
biggrin.gif

May 26, 2004 at 3:20 AM Post #60 of 69
Quote:

Originally Posted by ServinginEcuador
I guess you could say this is for my birthday, but if all goes well I'll have a small amount of Amperex pinched waist E180CC tubes coming in the mail on Friday. I am dying to hear how they'll sound in the new Denon as the Amperex CV8431s are already incredible, and the Amperex pinched waists should be over the top good. I'll be using a few in this unit, and then sitting on the rest until the price of this series of tubes goes up closer to $100+ per tube. I figure that upon my next return to the states they'll be close to that or above.
biggrin.gif

I have some Amperex Holland *PQ* 7062/E180CC that have a pinched waist between the micas and are 3rd revision vintage (IV3). They are my best tubes of this type. Odds are good you will like them too. How have the 6829 stacked up so far?

I guess we are both full of bull since my birthday was on 5/16. Happy B-Day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back