Happy belated birthday, Blackmore! Sorry I (we all) missed it!
Nov 10, 2008 at 7:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

Wmcmanus

President treasurer secretary and sole member of the Cayman Islands Head-Fi Club.
My excuse is that Grand Cayman was about to be clobbered by Hurricane Paloma. Thankfully, it missed us, but not by much. But more seriously, I don't generally start birthday threads (although maybe I ought to), so chances are I would have missed it anyway.

That doesn't mean that your presence here is not valued! I've always found your posts to be insightful. You're definitely part of the fabric here, so don't be discouraged that nobody seemed to have noticed that another year has slipped by in your life.

I hope you enjoyed your birthday and that I'll spot your name in the birthday list next year on November 7th!
beerchug.gif

What does happy birthday mean to you? Not to "you" as in Blackmore, but to each of us? http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/wh...an-you-379529/

It might mean, as he's suggested, that we've become too big (and thus impersonal) as a community, but I sure hope that's not the case! In fact, if anyone else's birthday has been missed consistently for several years, send me a PM, and I'll mark your birthday on my calendar. Santa normally only works in December, but perhaps this is a cause worth taking up!

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:15 AM Post #2 of 27
Indeed it can feel a little impersonal over here; I get the feeling every time I notice the little note beside a forum title and how there are usually more than a hundred people viewing the Headphones (full-size) forum at a time.

Here's a belated happy birthday to you on my part. Hope you'll get to try out or even own eventually the W2002's you were excited about a few weeks back
beerchug.gif

Edit: heh, apparently September is a few weeks back to me. time flies at uni

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM Post #3 of 27
Happy birthday from me too Blackmore.

I have not met you or had direct communication with you,
but I always read your posts (esp. the Grado related) with great interest.

I wish there were more meetings organized so I would have a chance to meet more head-fi enthousiasts in person.
Being an old guy I am from the generation that still relies heavily on personal contact.
(my 11 year old son has made more friends in 6 months of Hyves usage than I have in 40 years of basic school, high school, university and 5 jobs)

So, beter laat dan nooit, happy birthday,
Rob

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:24 AM Post #4 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am from the generation that still relies heavily on personal contact.
(my 11 year old son has made more friends in 6 months of Hyves usage than I have in 40 years of basic school, high school, university and 5 jobs)

This is truly amazing! ^^^

Quote:

So, beter laat dan nooit, happy birthday,
Rob

Am I seeing a Dutch Head-Fi mini meet brewing here?

Nov 10, 2008 at 8:30 AM Post #5 of 27
yes but the definition of 'friend' has changed quite a bit.
some university friends I still see regularly.
I am pretty sure his Hyves friends will not last another 6 months.

Rob

Nov 10, 2008 at 3:35 PM Post #7 of 27
beerchug.gif
Belated Happy BIrthday
beerchug.gif
and may you have many more
wink.gif

Nov 10, 2008 at 9:10 PM Post #14 of 27
Happy belated birthday! Hope you had a good one!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back