Happy anniversary, Jan 2005 head-fiers!
Jan 7, 2006 at 3:51 AM Post #16 of 23
I came in Feb. I remember laughing to myself when I first read posts about headphone amps. I was just looking for some IEMs for my new IRiver IHP120.
I've now been through a couple amps & have 2 that I'll stick with for now!!

I also really laughed when I saw the prices on phones like the RS1's. I just couldn't imagine anyone spending that kind of money on a headphone. Then one night after about 6 months of reading here - I dreamed about RS1's. I was in a department store that had a headphone section! They had mistakenly priced some RS1's as SR60's. I grabbed them up & was thrilled to walk out of the store with them!!! I woke up thinking something must be seriously wrong if I was dreaming about headphones. It was a few months later that I bought my RS1's!!! So what I've learned from head-fi -"Never say Never!!"

But I agree that the most enjoyable thing I've gotten from my time here is a ton of new music & new interests in artists & genres I'd never heard before. What a great joy I've had from listening this year!!

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:12 AM Post #17 of 23
That's a nice story, micaela. Maybe you'll dream about the PS-1 soon.
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 4:47 AM Post #18 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elephas
That's a nice story, micaela. Maybe you'll dream about the PS-1 soon.
tongue.gif

Don't mention that to my husband!
evil_smiley.gif
orphsmile.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #19 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by micaela
Don't mention that to my husband!
evil_smiley.gif
orphsmile.gif

Why not? Upgrade to PS-1 and let your husband have the RS-1... and you guys would be the model 'Grado' couple of 2006 on Head-fi.
biggrin.gif

This place is indeed evil... but I love it!

Overlunge

Jan 7, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #20 of 23
Hmmmmm ....I like the way you think!
tongue.gif
It would be fun to be Head-fi's model couple.

evil_smiley.gif
What's not to like about this evil?
evil_smiley.gif
rs1smile.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 6:16 AM Post #21 of 23
I came hear a year ago looking for a simple headphone setup that I could use at night to enjoy music when I couldn't use my speaker setup. Like other members here I was directed to this site by a certain moderator at the [H]ard Forums. I blame this person completely for this blessing/curse.
biggrin.gif
I eventually settled on a pair of Grado SR-225s and a certain clone amp that I won't mention. Fast forward a year later and I am now in the process of gathering funds for my biggest upgrade ever.........the Sony R10s. It doesn't end there though. I am also planning on getting my Eastsound fully modded and then investing in a fairly expensive vinyl rig. I'm thinking along the lines of a VPI Scout, RSA HR-2, and a Grado Sonata cartridge. Curse you Head-Fi!
tongue.gif

Jan 7, 2006 at 6:23 AM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Czilla9000
and I still have not received Supremus status or a custom title.
biggrin.gif

That reminds me. Mine still says "Member". I feel so unappreciated.
icon10.gif
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back