Hand built custom headphones
Sep 18, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #91 of 93
Quote:
If YOU try re-reading the thread, you'll see I commented early on.  Just because you don't like your negativity being called out is no reason to double-down on stupid.

Yeah qusp's suggestion was stupid ... because scientific approach to electronics is insanity and never produced a good product ever. Right. 

ALL that qusp/tintin/others and myself have said is that it may well be a waste of time to go into this project without having some basic science behind the component and design choices and an understanding of the impact of changing one choice may have on the rest of the design.

Arbitrarily deciding to add ketchup to a meal won't kill you but it's not going to impress. However, if you and your friends like ketchup, then based on your only available anecdotal evidence you might think your creation is the best meal ever.

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #92 of 93
DP weird error happened

Sep 25, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #93 of 93
sfoclt said:
  If YOU try re-reading the thread, you'll see I commented early on. Just because you don't like your negativity being called out is no reason to double-down on stupid.

you sir, are not one to talk about upping the ante…

you may have read, but its pretty obvious you didnt comprehend, thus it would be a waste of time responding to your posts 'point' by 'point'. it would also no doubt prompt yet another 'nugget of wisdom'..erm..vitriol...for me to reply to …

oh wait here it comes …

how about you hold that 'thought' and let the thread get back on track, for a potentially successful result? I myself find a certain satisfaction/enjoyment in planning, executing, succeeding, perhaps you have a different set of priorities for your projects?

failing is OK too sometimes, provided you know where you went wrong for next time. For that to happen, it helps to have a clearly outlined objective and some scientific means to verify success.

Subjective testing is a very important step in the process that should not be neglected, but without method its unreliable, as hearing acuity and mood change day by day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back