Halo: Combat Evolved (PC)
Jan 30, 2010 at 2:04 PM Post #2 of 13
try some game guides. IGN, gamespot, gamefaqs etc there is tons of them

Jan 30, 2010 at 2:14 PM Post #3 of 13
Well, I don't Alt-Tab my way through the game. Just wanted some experiences from people who played (and beat!) HALO CE on PC.
Anyway, if anyone knows what I'm talking about, it's that cloaked Elite with a laser sword you first meet onboard the Truth ship. Every restart he comes out a different door.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #4 of 13
Do remember that there are objects to use for cover, and always remember the 'crouch' function. This goes for any FPS, not just Halo. In T&R, cover is limited, however, twists and turns in the hallways must be used as such.

For Halo specifically, up close combat with Elites is usually sped along with the use of plasma weapons. Plasma rifles are enough alone; a plasma pistol overload in conjunction with any other weapon will also work well. The needler is also very good in a pinch, just make sure you can aim.

I see you mentioned that the Marines die before you can do anything- this is just after you board the ship? There are a few powerups hidden about the entrance. There should be an overshield and two cloaks. Use the cloaks to sneak up behind an Elite and melee it in the back for a one-hit kill.

Jan 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #5 of 13
I know exactly the part that you're talking about. Just snipe them, thats the only thing that ever worked for me. Snipe the first one right way then just keep spinning and scanning the other doors for the next one.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:01 PM Post #7 of 13
Sniper shots take out camo'd Elites in one shot. And if you try to smack the one on the ship on T&R, it'll smack you... with its energy sword.

Jan 30, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon G. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

For Halo specifically, up close combat with Elites is usually sped along with the use of plasma weapons. Plasma rifles are enough alone; a plasma pistol overload in conjunction with any other weapon will also work well. The needler is also very good in a pinch, just make sure you can aim.

Plasma weapons are intended to swiftly cut through the shields of Elites and other shielded enemies. The plasma pistol completely takes down its shield, and has a slight homing effect, which can be useful with the cloaked Elites. A Covie weapon is always more effective than a human weapon against shielded enemies, IME. The only real advantage that I've found human weapons to have is their accuracy and familiarity of 'use.'

As far as that Elite with the plasma sword on the bridge of T&R, I've always just stuck him. If you can lure him out, he will run in more or less a straight line right at you for an easy stick.

On a side note, my friend named his headphones (AD700) Truth and Reconciliation...

Jan 30, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #9 of 13
But once they don't have a shield then bullets are much more effective. Ever play H2? PP+BR was the standard in that game.

Jan 30, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But once they don't have a shield then bullets are much more effective. Ever play H2? PP+BR was the standard in that game.

The BR is too good. I love it so much. It was a sad day when I learned what had happened to the magnum, but I learned to love the BR.

All that said, I'm not a big fan of Halo... I'm more of a CoD-guy.

Jan 30, 2010 at 8:11 PM Post #11 of 13
Anyway, got pass that level. Quite a few cloaked Elites.
The whole thing with Covie guns is the battery. And overheating. That I don't like. Normally (in T&R) I throw a grenade into a pack, wait for the explosion and start bursting with the AR. Snipe in quite fun in that large hall, but not as much in corridors.
Dumb AI, though. Keyes threw a pineapple into a pack... while his Marines are charging towards there. Left me with one red health bar and pulling back while reloading and facing two Red Elites. And now Silent Cartographer, the Trial I played for about a year already.

EDIT: If I go down the Covie + Human weapons path, should I PP+AR or pistol+PR? Hate Covie guns, but they're damn quick against shields, indeed.

Jan 31, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #13 of 13
Yeah, eh? Makeshift sniper. Thought about the overheating issue, well, I shoot in quick, short bursts so pretty much no problem.
Now the plasma balls travel speed... yee... gotta calculate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back