HALLOWEEN!
Oct 31, 2011 at 8:20 PM Post #2 of 10
You have trick or treaters?  I haven't seen one of those in probably 10 years.
I quit buying candy after several years of no demand.
In fact, I had forgotten completely what day it was until I saw your post.
Sad what parental and media hysteria has done to a holiday that, in my day, was second only to Christmas on the kid anticipation scale.
It sucks being a kid today.

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:45 PM Post #3 of 10

Quote:
You have trick or treaters?  I haven't seen one of those in probably 10 years.
I quit buying candy after several years of no demand.
In fact, I had forgotten completely what day it was until I saw your post.
Sad what parental and media hysteria has done to a holiday that, in my day, was second only to Christmas on the kid anticipation scale.
It sucks being a kid today.

Heh, same situation here. Haven't had a single trick-or-treater for 2-3 years now. I would break out a sword and (insert get-up that fits with a hand-and a half sword or katana here) to entertain them, but when no one shows up, it's rather pointless, eh? If I did have some passerby this year, I'd be edging towards a simple trench coat or cloak. Alas, poor Yorick.

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:26 PM Post #4 of 10
I wish we got trick-or-treaters. Nothing better than scaring the living [censored] out of kids.

But kids don't go down our street, we're too far out. And they have to trick or treat in broad daylight here anyway, to avoid child abductors or something. Sort of defeats the purpose of jack-o-lanterns, and anything scary.

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #5 of 10
Well, I'm 18 and Halloween is still celebrated around here. We just have to go the neighborhood or two over where the rich folks live. My friend, also 18, got 5 pounds of candy for 2 hours of work.

Me, I scared about 20-30 parents ****less, and it was overall a productive evening. We put a blanket up in the front entryway and filled it with fog. We live in an older house and not a whole lot of sound gets out, so the incredibly loud music didn't get detected until the kids were in the general vicinity. By that time it was too late. I'd open the door before they could ring and a wall of fog and noise billowed out of the house and I'd walk out with my laser fingers. 
biggrin.gif

I'm glad my parents are never home for Halloween.

It really just depends on the neighborhood regarding whether or not you get trick or treaters.

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:05 AM Post #8 of 10
Halloween isn't as much fun as it used to be.

No kids came by this year.

I remember nights when I was turned loose with my friends to gather candy, along with plenty of toilet paper and eggs.

Nov 1, 2011 at 7:51 AM Post #9 of 10
Yeah where are all the kids at? I saw a couple of big kids at 5pm walking around with goofy clothes on, but they didn't stop at my place. 

Kids don't do tricks or treats anymore and it's sad. 

Nov 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM Post #10 of 10
I had a bunch of "drive-bys" from vile neer-do-wells. They let the little rats out right in front of the house while Mommy smoked and chatted on her free 'Lifeline' cellphone.

Also had a lot more neighborhood kids than expected. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back