Halloween Playlist Help
Sep 22, 2008 at 3:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Zarathustra19

1000+ Head-Fier
Okay, so I've decided I want to scare the crap out of my friends on Halloween this year with a freaky soundtrack playing during the usual festivities at my apartment. I've found one album in my collection so far that suits it, but would love some suggestions from anyone as twisted as me out there.

The album I have right now is by Les Sentiers Conflictuels and Andrew King. Its called 1888. Its pretty much an instrumental/ambient album with a few tracks in which the correspondences of Jack the Ripper are read by a very creepy sounding gentleman. Anything with that kind of vibe would be awesome, but please, anything creepy would be great.

Cheers!

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:24 AM Post #2 of 18
The following is not for the faint of heart:

The Axis of Perdition - Physical Illucinations in the Sewer of Xuchilbara
The Axis of Perdition - Deleted Scenes From the Transition Hospital
Khanate - Things Viral
Wolf Eyes - Burned Mind
Sunn0))) Presents... Pentemple

You have been warned.

Sep 22, 2008 at 4:27 AM Post #3 of 18
ha ha, I like the sound of this...I'll check back in when I've had a chance to listen.

edit: I actually own three of the albums on the list and know them to be freaky, so the other two should fit right in.
smily_headphones1.gif

edit 2: I had no idea Sunn had released another album. Tops!

Sep 23, 2008 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 18
The Donnie Darko Soundtrack. While not scary like you mean, but it definitely fits the Halloween festiveness!!

Sep 23, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #5 of 18
Apocalyptica's third album, 'Cult', is very creepy, and it's what I play on Halloween. Gritty metal played exclusively by four cellos - how can you go wrong?

Sep 23, 2008 at 7:33 PM Post #7 of 18
You can't have a 'scary music' thread without mentioning Brian 'Lustmord' Williams.
smily_headphones1.gif

vidnaObmana has also made some pretty macabre stuff, such as Tremor, Spore, Legacy, Anthology, etc.

The above recommendations are all ambient.

Sep 24, 2008 at 5:48 AM Post #10 of 18
You may find some things you enjoy off of the Diablo II soundtrack <-- Dark ambient world music superamazing. I highly recommend it as music anyhow
smily_headphones1.gif

Also maybe some content off of this album: Electrypnose - Subliminal Melancholies <-- Dark psybient but maybe a bit too space/techy a feel for your halloween vibe.

Sep 24, 2008 at 6:17 AM Post #11 of 18
One more:

Blut Aus Nord - Thematic Emanation of Archetypal Multiplicity

Oct 6, 2008 at 9:45 PM Post #13 of 18
Wow this thread just busted out a whole bunch of crap I want to check out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back