Halifax, NS meet impressions
Sep 26, 2006 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 27
How about some names along with the photos? And more DAC impressions, please. Sorry if I seem so intrusive.
tongue.gif

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:03 AM Post #19 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin
this is no BS at all, the difference was so darn obvious that I also noticed it right after i switched fom Jam_master_J's (Justin) 701, and I bet everybody in the meet noticed it.

the most surprising thing in the meet was actually Edison's hd600....for those of you who didn't like it...you should hear how a new pair sounds...FAR much worse than that...I actually like Edison's hd600 alot (temporarily traded with him) and I'm definitely buying a pair and burn them in for ages. (Edison's was 3 yrs old) It tastes really bad when just brewed...but a very good wine when aged.
wink.gif
I'm still not interested in the HD650 at all, though
tongue.gif

Freaky. I was just looking at those head-fi meet pics at lowyat.net when I came upon this thread.

I thought that thread was talking about a meet in KL.

No wonder that Stan avatar was vaguely deja-vu in a strange way.

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:08 AM Post #20 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by cvince
Freaky. I was just looking at those head-fi meet pics at lowyat.net when I came upon this thread.

I thought that thread was talking about a meet in KL.

No wonder that Stan avatar was vaguely deja-vu in a strange way.

oh? you surf that site? well....that was me tehre alright
tongue.gif
i had impression there but I didnt post it up here.

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:47 AM Post #22 of 27
Quote:

nope, just my gf's friend checking out why are we so crazy about it

So that D2C is yours? I guess I won't have to ask for pics anymore lol.

How does the K701 sound on it?
I'm switching from HF-1 to K701 when I have the chance.

Sep 27, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #23 of 27
Quote:

So that D2C is yours? I guess I won't have to ask for pics anymore lol.

How does the K701 sound on it?
I'm switching from HF-1 to K701 when I have the chance.

just pay me the damn $$ now and listen to it yourself
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think you probably have read my impression on lyn. First of all, the stock headamp sounds horrible with most phones, but sounds good with grados for some reasons. As for the sound of the DAC, it's similar to the 1212m, only slightly lusher mid range. Well, I like my 1212m better, so the d2 only collect dusts here.

EDIT: speaking of the payment, don't throw $ into my paypal account suddenly even if u really want it though. I've just loaned it to Justin earlier today, he might take the bite...who knows.

Sep 27, 2006 at 6:10 AM Post #24 of 27
Quote:

just pay me the damn $$ now and listen to it yourself
very_evil_smiley.gif

I think you probably have read my impression on lyn. First of all, the stock headamp sounds horrible with most phones, but sounds good with grados for some reasons. As for the sound of the DAC, it's similar to the 1212m, only slightly lusher mid range. Well, I like my 1212m better, so the d2 only collect dusts here.

EDIT: speaking of the payment, don't throw $ into my paypal account suddenly even if u really want it though. I've just loaned it to Justin earlier today, he might take the bite...who knows.

well of course I won't be using the amp

just for the DAC ma.
So you are saying justin might buy it? I thought we had a deal here.

Sep 27, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #25 of 27
Quote:

well of course I won't be using the amp

just for the DAC ma.
So you are saying justin might buy it? I thought we had a deal here.

I wonder where are you originally from.
I have been waiting for funds for some time now, so I thought it'd be fair to give my friend a little priority over the purchase even if I had to take less $$ from him.
wink.gif

well we can discuss this over in pm, if you want to.

The D2 is not a bad DAC for the price, but that's as good as it gets...no more, no less. So, don't expect stellar performance like what you might have read some people say about them.

Sep 27, 2006 at 6:57 AM Post #26 of 27
Your statements kinda contradict each other here.

Quote:

The D2 is not a bad DAC for the price, but that's as good as it gets...

Quote:

As for the sound of the DAC, it's similar to the 1212m, only slightly lusher mid range. Well, I like my 1212m better, so the d2 only collect dusts here.

The 1212m is about half the price of D2C with additional soundcard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back