Hair problems
Nov 22, 2005 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

bellor_19

New Head-Fier
Don't get mad and start to bash me too much please. I know this is a stupid question but I have to ask it.
Can you go bald from wearing headphones? I mean because of the headphone always doing that "headphone hair" thing

I repeat... pleeeeeeaaaaase don't bash me
biggrin.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 7:44 AM Post #2 of 19
I once had full and long hair on my head.

Now look at my avatar photo - nearly bald on top.

However, my body apparently compensated by growing hair all over my body - people say I now look like a I belong in a zoo.

I have made life style adjustemnts - I never wear my headphones while sleeping now. Hope that wil help.

Seriously, you might lose some strands of hair where the headphone band contacts your hair, but this should not be noticeable. Canal phones would eliminate this.

Nov 22, 2005 at 7:59 AM Post #4 of 19
Therefore it is possible to go bald in that area of my head? That would be a problem because i don't like buds or in-ears (don't have the money for them anyway) and i'm not very content with giving up music for my hair
frown.gif

Any real experiences from people who have had this problem? And I don't mean ordinary baldness; i'm reffering to baldness along the region under the headphone band

Nov 22, 2005 at 8:30 AM Post #8 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by yaufei
So which headphone can make you lose the most hair?

Mechanically the Koss Porta Pro.
Psychologically it's probably between the HP-1000, the Orpheus and the Bose Triports...
rolleyes.gif

Nov 22, 2005 at 10:15 AM Post #12 of 19
About headphones & hair loss, I suggest you ask Randy who's featured here RANDY : ))

Nov 22, 2005 at 10:22 AM Post #13 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellor_19
Don't get mad and start to bash me too much please. I know this is a stupid question but I have to ask it.
Can you go bald from wearing headphones? I mean because of the headphone always doing that "headphone hair" thing

biggrin.gif

I think it's possible. But I don't think it's probable.

Nov 22, 2005 at 10:36 AM Post #14 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by bellor_19

biggrin.gif

I would have to say, no. You probably have worn clothes for most of your life, but your genetics determine how much hair you have on your body and head and what you will eventually lose over your life time. And under normal wearing conditions of clothes, hats, or even headphones really should not result in an abnormal or excessive increase in your predisposed hair loss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back