Hair prevention: DT880
Mar 19, 2009 at 12:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

chinesekiwi

Headphoneus Supremus
As people might well know, the higher end Beyers tend to collect hairs on the foam pads and on the driver membrane quite easy. I'm sick of de-hairing it!
I'm going to get an overdue haircut soon = gonna be a nightmare with the loose small cut hairs in my head.

Anyone with practical solutions to this annoying design flaw in the Beyers?

Mar 19, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #2 of 13
maybe try spraying it with some anti static spray?
or you sould just tape part of a plastic bag over the pads for a few days, but that'll change the sound signature...
I think anti static spray is the best bet, but it if doesn't work, and you get tons on hairs in your velour stuffs, I cannot be held responsible.

Mar 19, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #3 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chinesekiwi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to get an overdue haircut soon = gonna be a nightmare with the loose small cut hairs in my head.

Perhaps I am oversimplifying, but why not just wash/dry/brush your hair when you return from your haircut and before using your headphones to get rid of "the loose small cut hairs"?

Mar 19, 2009 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 13
Im on the fence > AFTER opening my DT880s and using a lint roller there is still this very low end bass distortion on certain bassy songs > now im wondering how hard it is to pick out the glue around the driver and put it back... is this easy???

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:06 PM Post #5 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Perhaps I am oversimplifying, but why not just wash/dry/brush your hair when you return from your haircut and before using your headphones to get rid of "the loose small cut hairs"?

Even if I shower like three time I still get the little things in my hair. But I have thick hair.

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:27 PM Post #6 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by pyrokid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Even if I shower like three time I still get the little things in my hair. But I have thick hair.

then I recommend glue
tongue.gif

Mar 19, 2009 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Doesn't cure the hairs in the headphones...

third party foam pads? That might change the sound signature though so mmmmm....

Mar 19, 2009 at 10:54 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick 214 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Move to the leather pads...
biggrin.gif

Also, have you removed the foam cover over the driver?

NK

But that might

A) change the sound signature

2) Expose the driver membrane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back