HAIR GEL ... which to use?
Sep 9, 2008 at 1:11 AM Post #17 of 43
Wow, there are a looooot of brands that I'll have to go in search for... But thanks for the advice.

And I stopped head-fi long ago. Besides, I use IEM's and earbuds nowadays. No Circum or supra cans for me.,

Sep 9, 2008 at 1:18 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gatsby Gels are best..get a strong hold gel

Gatsby stuff left flakes the last time I tried.
What type do you use?

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #19 of 43
My stylist puts some stuff in my hair that's awesome, but it's really super expensive and I only get it when I get my hair cut. I use cheap Garnier stuff, which works as long as my hair is short. It's not short now, which is causing me problems. I have to get it cut again but girls have to pay a lot of money to get their hair cut and colored. -.-

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:28 AM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaron313 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suspect that was pun not intended?

lol I just saw the pun and I didn't realize it was a pun at the time of writing.

My sense of humor has not been back since that awful frontal lobotomy.
frown.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol I just saw the pun and I didn't realize it was a pun at the time of writing.

My sense of humor has not been back since that awful frontal lobotomy.
frown.gif

That goes to show you just how unsophisticated my initial observation actually was. A goldfish could have made it.

Sep 9, 2008 at 3:38 AM Post #23 of 43
uhh..I use this stuff...

1495ul3.jpg

Mild, clean fragrance in cream form. You can kina gauge how "shiny" or not you want your hair depending on when you rub it in. I prefer to get out of the shower, dry my hair a little, then comb it. After im done shaving and brushing my teeth and what not my hair is pretty much dry but still a little damp. Thats when ill put in some of this stuff and proceed styling with my hands/comb. I dunno...

No, the guy in my avatar is not me...
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #26 of 43
Instead of gel, you can also look at styling 'clay'. It comes in a pot and very little is needed to get your hair styled.

Hair gel that doesn't flake will be hard to find, and the ones that don't tend to be gummy and leave residue.

Sep 9, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #27 of 43
The good stuff is from American Crew.

http://www.americancrew.com/

It's pricey, (~$16/2oz.) but it's the best. They have several types, gels, pomades, etc. It's probably sold at most salon supply stores, also Target.

If you want fancy, high quality, this is it.

Sep 9, 2008 at 10:15 PM Post #28 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't quite understand why people put gel or hairspray in their hair, and NOT want it to be stiff. Seriously, that's the PURPOSE of it, to keep your hair in place like it was when you first styled it.

Because if i don't put anything on it, i look like Jeff Daniels did in Dumb & Dumber.

But here's the thing. I want to look like i don't care much what my hair looks like, but not like i care so little that i look like an idiot.

I want to look presentable, but not polished.

fwiw i usually look for a mousse in the 'limited hold' category, and if it includes conditioning agents, that's a plus. Unfortunately i can never find more than one product at a time, and every year or two whatever I'm using gets discontinued / isn't sold anywhere locally anymore. It's annoying. I think lately I'm using a Dove product.

I'm a heterosexual man, right, I'm not supposed to fuss over my hair.

Sep 10, 2008 at 1:35 AM Post #29 of 43
A topic I can actually make a reply to!
After spending some time in Japan, I am utterly convinced they make the best hair-care products for men. From what you're asking for, you might want to see if you can find some Gatsby Hair wax. Or any other Japanese brand of hair wax. Probably not something you would find in an American drug store but... if you can find somewhere to import it, its worth it. =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back