HAIR GEL ... which to use?
Sep 8, 2008 at 7:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

nsjong

Headphoneus Supremus
Okay, so looks like my shorter hair needs to be put up a bit.
My friend has Dippity Doo Pink gel, which can't be bought anymore, which I have used for several days.

So here is what I learned:
- it does not flake
- it actually stays for LONG periods of time
- it doesn't smell like anything

Can anyone who uses hair gel recommend me the same type of hair gel?
That would be awesome. Something that can be bought in stores, ebay, etc.

Coolio. Thanks.

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #3 of 43
For short hair the KMS is really really good. Expensive, but lasts a long time.

bb_IMZO_hp_molding_paste.jpg

Sep 8, 2008 at 1:19 PM Post #4 of 43
Gatsby Gels are best..get a strong hold gel

Sep 8, 2008 at 3:05 PM Post #5 of 43
I use Pantene. The smell isn't that strong and dissipates fairly quickly. Some of the worst (and strongest) smelling ones I've tried were those designed specifically for men.

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 43
You've jogged my memory with this thread. My uncle uses a hair gel that does not make your stiff like the majority of cheaper gels. I have been wondering what that was because I hate using gel because it always makes my hair stiff which makes full size cans very uncomfotable to wear.

Sep 8, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #8 of 43
When I have short hair I prefer no gel, but when it's shaggier I've had some success with American Crew's products. They actually smell like a guy should use them.

Sep 8, 2008 at 9:35 PM Post #13 of 43
Bed Head is really good stuff. They have a wide range of products to suit most any app.

I don't quite understand why people put gel or hairspray in their hair, and NOT want it to be stiff. Seriously, that's the PURPOSE of it, to keep your hair in place like it was when you first styled it.

Sep 8, 2008 at 10:30 PM Post #14 of 43
A gel will be somewhat stiff when it dries, but will hold the hair in place. After srying, you can still run your fingers through your hair to break it down some and still retain some control. On a scal of 1-10, something around a 7 works well. Most of these products will have a numerical or other scale.

Waxes/pastes are a whole different experience. I do not like them because they feel waxy/pasty throughout the day. The advantage of these products is that you can periodically rearrange your hair during the day. Think of a Gumby doll whose arms can be readjusted to any position and stay that way until you change the limbs again.

Try both types of products and decide for yourself.

Sep 8, 2008 at 11:26 PM Post #15 of 43
ICE Spikers is a favorite of mine... it can be obtained at Supercuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Back