Had to share...I really like my Grados
Jul 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

edgar67

New Head-Fier
So I'm listening to The Best of Van Morrison on CD through my old Sony Discman , Creek OBH11 and HD580s. I'm really liking the sound. Everything is so smooth!

Midway through "Wild Night" I think to myself, "How will this change if I put on my SR225s?"

Wow. I'm smiling big now.

I read a post recently by someone who said that the SR60s are just as good. If that is true (I don't know if it is), then everyone should own a pair of Grados!

Jul 31, 2008 at 11:55 PM Post #4 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really like my cats.

..no, that's wrong. Nevermind.

Yeah, your cats are probably considerably more comfortable than my Grados. Oh well.

Aug 1, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #6 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's this about the SR60s being just as good as the 225? I think a pair of SR225 will be my next headphone purchase.

That was just one person's opinion. I don't think that was a prevailing opinion, and I shouldn't have even mentioned it, except that I wanted to encourage others to at the very least try the entry level Grados and discover how good Grados sound.

I really like mine. The only issue I have is that my ears begin to ache a little after a few songs (my outer ear, not my eardrums.)
Truthfully, IMHO the small amount of pain is totally worth the great sound. If I could only own one pair of headphones, these would be the ones I'd keep.

Aug 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM Post #7 of 29
I'm currently listening to some "wake up" Pink Floyd through my 325is.

*stands up*
I'm moogoob, and I love my Grados.

/Hi moogoob!

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 29
Yes i agree the grado has a smashing sound indeed,i enjoy my Sr80 very much.
Mind you if it were possible it would be great if they were to design a closed model as the open design can be a problem with outside noise and also others,and if they could just sort the comfort out they would have pretty much the best all round phone out there.
I know that this would probably not happen because it wouldn't have that grado sound,but surely the engineers could come up with something.

Aug 1, 2008 at 3:45 PM Post #9 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by LepakVT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's this about the SR60s being just as good as the 225? I think a pair of SR225 will be my next headphone purchase.

Lepak, I absolutely think the SR-225's are better than the SR60s in every single way. They are definitely not the same headphone and this is obvious with just an ipod and nothing else.

Aug 1, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #10 of 29
I found the 225 to best the 60 in bass extension, presence and control, as well as low level detail. Other than that, very similar performance. I'd take the 225 over the 60 any day of the week.

I love my Grado's too!

Aug 1, 2008 at 5:08 PM Post #11 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by pufftissue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lepak, I absolutely think the SR-225's are better than the SR60s in every single way. They are definitely not the same headphone and this is obvious with just an ipod and nothing else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by manofmathematics /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found the 225 to best the 60 in bass extension, presence and control, as well as low level detail. Other than that, very similar performance. I'd take the 225 over the 60 any day of the week.

I love my Grado's too!

x2 x x2

Aug 2, 2008 at 5:14 AM Post #13 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by edgar67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, your cats are probably considerably more comfortable than my Grados. Oh well.

Come on, the guy's got a cat on his head! That's just plain funny!!!
beyersmile.png

Aug 2, 2008 at 7:23 AM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyway, whilst we're on the subject of Grados, should i get some HD414 pads for my 60s?

Yes. While you're at it, get two pairs. Can do a quarter-mod on one pair.

Loving my SR80s with 414 pads... gonna get another pair to do the quarter mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back