Had my Audio Technica m50 for over a year now... Looking for upgrade
Mar 6, 2012 at 10:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Music95

New Head-Fier
So I really really enjoyed my ATH M50 and have nothing but great things to say about it.

Looks like the audio world got me and I'm looking to purchase another set.
Did a lot of research but could not find exactly what I need.

Anything out there that is considerably better than the m50 that anyone can recommend? 
Please no fanboys, Id like to hear from experienced users. I guess my budget is $300. What is the best set for that much?

Is there anything out there that is considerably better?

Mar 6, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #3 of 11
Hey alv.

I liked the clarity of it all. I guess looking for something with just a tad more bass but can still keep all sounds clear. Nothing like dres crap.

I'm not using any amps since I carry this around most of the time, and like to keep it as light as possible.

Not sure if I should play around with noise canceling phones yet but if they are much better, I'm willing....

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #4 of 11
I have never heard the headphone I am going to recommend you look into more but I have read a lot about it. The headphone is the Denon D2000 and it would seem to be a good fit for your needs.

Mar 6, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #5 of 11
I agree, the Denon AH-D2000 is an excellent choice for the price. It's one of the best choices when paired with an amp and you really won't find better sound wise until the $500+ range. Although, if you are strictly looking for portable and using w/o an amp I would recommend something more efficient and lightweight like the V-MODA M-80 / V-80. For the $200+ range there really isn't many headphones that you can efficiently use both portably and without an amp and expect a huge leap in sound quality from the M50s (at least in my opinion).

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:19 AM Post #8 of 11

Quote:
That's the cheapest I've seen the D2ks so far (I've been looking to buy a pair for a while now), pity they're out of stock. Do you know of any other places with similar prices? I'm finding it increasingly difficult to find a pair for a reasonable price.

You won't find any cheaper, well at least a legitimate pair. Even on the "For Sale" section of Head-Fi, I haven't seen any used pairs for cheaper. Keep looking back, as they frequently restock their inventory.

Mar 7, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #9 of 11
Not really looking to use an amp with it.
Is it really required???
Which is an affordable good amp also?
I'll look into the d2000.
Does anyone know how the d2000 compare to the ath-m50?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back