HA-INFO U2 PLUS DAC
Apr 19, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #16 of 48
I bought this model (HA Info DA1) today and hope to receive it tomorrow. This is their newest USB DAC/Headphone Amp. 

according to the seller it uses WM8805 and WM8740 IC. I have no idea about this ,i just hope this will synergise with my HP.

Apr 22, 2012 at 6:49 PM Post #18 of 48

Quote:
Its a bit more serious looking than the U2 plus. How much does it cost? Do you have a chance to compare it with the U2? Thanks.

It cost me about 800 yuan or 118USD. I have no chance to compare it with the U2. Originally, I was buying the NG94 but the seller suggested me to wait for a couple of weeks and they will be coming up with DA1. The seller was also honest to admit that there was a failure on NG94 that is why he did not recommend it. 

May 6, 2012 at 10:19 AM Post #22 of 48
I like U2 plus spec. more, but you never know... Buy both, compare it, and let me know 
wink_face.gif
. And also the DA1 comparison would be nice.

May 8, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #23 of 48
Hi, I was wondering if anyone here can post a quick review of the DA1 or any direct comparrisons of the DA1 vs U2.  I'm very interested in picking up one of these amps soon (mainly the DA1 due to its specs) but wanted to hear about some of your guys's experiences.  Also, is there any other cheaper places than ebay to pick up the DA1?  (159 including shipping to USA).

Oct 9, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #24 of 48
Hi guys!
There is a new version of U2 plus. I thought about this device for a long time and I am glad they did the analog input.

Do you have any new impressions? In this topic fell a very strong words. I want to know do you still have the same opinion?

Oct 17, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #25 of 48
Wow Zaccio, the fact that your previous system - Fubar Dac and Little Dot amp - was my prospective new rig, and you reckon your modded HA Info sounds better intrigues me! Do you think your Audio-GD OPA-EARTH mod is DIY-able? Could you direct me to idiot-proof step by step instructions on how to do it, or provide some 'extreme close-up' pics of connections in your HA Info? In the meantime, thanks for sharing your mods and results

Oct 19, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #26 of 48
Oct 25, 2012 at 2:02 PM Post #27 of 48
Ha info came to me a few days ago. It has 100h+ burn-in. I test on it 2xADA 4627-1 and before burn-in the diffrence are quit big but after burn is small thats why I kept stock OP for now. I like the sound that come from u2 it's like Mr Vicarious destcipted. Very open sound. I wish that it can be more dynamic and sound it can be a little bigger but in this price it's OK. I going to change the op-amp for get more drive in bass region because it is not satisfactorily enough. Any ideas?

I tested OP2604 in another sound card, and it was poor. It is no mach for NE5532. I wonder which OP-amp can give me more powerful bass. I am not a basshead but i think in U2 bass it is a weak point (nice controlled but with not enough power).

Apr 9, 2013 at 5:14 AM Post #30 of 48
I've just recieved my HA INFO U2, but i'm experiencing problems with the volumepot, imbalance at low volume, and a continues hiss/buzz when using with my low impedance Takstar hi2050. If i turn the Volume knob to almost full volume (no sound playing), the amp is quite as the grave.

i see the OP mentiones changing the volume knob, did you change the entire volumepot or just the knob? Has anyone else experienced this imbalance/noise?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back