H320 Line out
Feb 14, 2005 at 10:14 PM Post #2 of 17
Nope.

Feb 14, 2005 at 10:19 PM Post #3 of 17
It has a line out jack. But I guess what jpelg means is that it isn't a true line out since the volume control affects the output. Of course, there are those that argue that that can indeed be a true line out.

Feb 15, 2005 at 12:40 AM Post #5 of 17
Yes it has a line out and a line in and a headphone out. I connect it to a receiver ie to the tape playback/record and record XM sat rad. The volume level out of the line out is very slightly higher than the headphone out and can be controlled by the volume control

Feb 15, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #7 of 17
We know it's not a true line out, for crying out loud, it's an mp3 player, get over it.

I have been viewing this board for a couple months, and I swear, some of you people must not think your shxx don't stink, the way you act and respond to people who are just trying to learn and understand.

What's the old saying "there's no such thing as a stupid question" "Just stupid answers"

Feb 15, 2005 at 2:01 AM Post #8 of 17
no...its "there's no such thing as stupid questions, only stupid people"

...speaking of which.

Feb 15, 2005 at 2:09 AM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by endrun
We know it's not a true line out, for crying out loud, it's an mp3 player, get over it.

the iPod, Karma, and many other players have line-out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by endrun
I have been viewing this board for a couple months, and I swear, some of you people must not think your shxx don't stink, the way you act and respond to people who are just trying to learn and understand.

so you're saying that us trying to tell the originial poster that an line-out should not be affected by the volume control and that the H320 doesnt have a "real" line-out is actually our way of making fun of the OP?

i'm sorry, but you dont make any sense.

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:39 AM Post #10 of 17
Either, no offense was taken. I've got the Sony mp3 cd player (one of their first, if not the first, i can never remember model specifically (the one with clear sides)) and that one has a "true" line out --> volume does not affect the line out. so I guess it saves batteries a lil. So I was just wondering in the h320 had a similar jack. Cause from What i understand going from headphone jack to an amp, isnt necessarily recommended, and is kinda...stupid???

Thanks for the replies.

Feb 15, 2005 at 3:58 AM Post #11 of 17
its not...stupid but it doesnt have the same quality when coming from a line out. none-the-less it still sounds better, just not as good as it could sound, is all.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
its not...stupid but it doesnt have the same quality when coming from a line out. none-the-less it still sounds better, just not as good as it could sound, is all.

I'm curious as to how it sounds better. After all, if it's going through the internal amplification of the player, then how can the line-out be any better sounding than the headphone out, once volume matched?

Just a little confused...?

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:10 AM Post #14 of 17
line out bypasses things in the player that alter/distort the sound. but still unless you have a great setup i dont think you'll notice too much of a difference.

Feb 15, 2005 at 4:57 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by romesaz
Question : Does the h320 have in fact, have a line out?

YES IT DOES. It is not a true line out, But it Sounds Very Good, and
better than other players.
Do not let other's words discourage you from
finding answers to your questions. I have an iRiver H120 that is almost similar
to the H3XX series, and I have heard both side by side to know how they
sound. and they both sound very good.

Check out the www.iriveramerica.com, or the www.iriver.com GLOBAL home, there is more information about the players posted there.

The H3XX and H1XX have: A headphone jack, a remote control jack,
a line-in, and a line-out port. The line-in and line-out ports supports both analog and digital audio inputs and outputs.

You can also enable the iRiver H3XX and H1XX players to output their
audio line-out audio digitally. A lot of people are favoring the iRiver HDD
MP3 players with external DAC and AMP combinations for excellent sound.

I am using a Xin SuperMacro Headphone Amp connected to the iRiver H120's
line-out and they are a great match, I figure the SuperMacro AMP would
sound very good with the H3XX also. Romesaz, you are right. You
don't want to AMP the player through the headphone out. And both the
iRiver H1XX and H3XX player's line-out audio sounds better going through
an amp, being ran through a stereo reciever, or even being fed through a cassette adapter to play the audio through the cassette deck of an automobile.

Check out the AMPLIFICATION Boards here for more information about the CMOY or MINT AMP, and DO A SEARCH cause there has already been a lot of posts about these amps already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back