Guy arrested in huge Ebay scam
Jun 15, 2003 at 5:30 AM Post #17 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by sonicthewebhog
jesus christ music lover that is one hell of a deal!!! in other news, a high concentration of sarcasm has been detected in this thread.

Oh pleeeeeaaaassseeeee tell me that you don' t really think he got a deal, That auction had fraud and scams all over it, Let me list them:
1.No picture
2.100000 sold for 2000, and the person still sell it for the sake of one positive feedback, That's BS.
3. 90% negative feedback
4. 2 weeks to reply an email for auction he's selling.

Pleaaaaaseeeeee

Jun 15, 2003 at 6:11 AM Post #19 of 29
No, I'm dead serious, one question: Did you send the money? How? if you've sent it by personal check or paypal, STOP IT IMMEDIATELY, if it is by money order, I'm sorry but I don't know how you can retrieve that one, I believe there are other head-fiers who can help you. See the pm that I've sent you

Jun 15, 2003 at 6:28 AM Post #20 of 29
Um, you didn't send a pm. Btw rycet, ha ha ha...
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
...understand?

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:11 AM Post #22 of 29
I wonder if this scammer was selling mac powerbooks? The article Just says "laptops". Maybe Apple didn't want their name mentioned? I'm only thinking this because last week (for fun) I went looking at powerbooks on ebay, and someone was selling a dozen PB Titianiums for around a grand. Knowing the price of them I naturally went "Scam!" (especially as the word garantee" was mispelled.) I wonder if it was this guy? Poor people who get burnt.

Jun 15, 2003 at 9:21 AM Post #23 of 29
might not have been a scam. a friend of mine was a fence for stolen ibooks. good deal for 300 bucks. he was too paranoid to use ebay though. i don't blame him. but if anyone asks me i have to tell you right now this was a long while back and i have now lost all contact with him and i also seem to have now forgotten his name, description and last known whereabouts.

but anyways...

Jun 16, 2003 at 12:18 AM Post #24 of 29
I don't think eBay provides consumer protection at all. It's basically do your business at your own risk. I've once encountered a guy who won the bid but never responded to me afterward, so I made several complaints to eBay. This crook not only ruined my aution but maliciously added negatives to my rating. eBay didn't do sh!t. Instead they charged me over $20 to remove this negative wrongfully added and didn't do anything about my mess-up aution, noth to mention about the fee paid. Don't trust the rating on eBay. It's a scam (crooks can add the positives all day with diferent or barrowed profiles with fake auction).

Believe me people get screwed on a daily basis but the system is so screwy and confusing, you just don't how to report this through eBay. Most often, you paid more fees without a solution. I would be very careful spending more than $500 through eBay.

Jun 16, 2003 at 5:26 PM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by gloco
I dunno, i've purchased some LP's from Powersellers who list many, many items all the time, i never had a problem with them. I think the key point here is to avoid making big purchases over ebay, such as a laptop or a car, lol...yeah, don't buy a car over ebay.

I bought a car over ebay. It was only $400. I've been driving it daily for the last 10 months.

Jun 17, 2003 at 3:39 AM Post #28 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by MadDog
I don't think eBay provides consumer protection at all. It's basically do your business at your own risk. I've once encountered a guy who won the bid but never responded to me afterward, so I made several complaints to eBay. This crook not only ruined my aution but maliciously added negatives to my rating. eBay didn't do sh!t. Instead they charged me over $20 to remove this negative wrongfully added and didn't do anything about my mess-up aution, noth to mention about the fee paid. Don't trust the rating on eBay. It's a scam (crooks can add the positives all day with diferent or barrowed profiles with fake auction).

Believe me people get screwed on a daily basis but the system is so screwy and confusing, you just don't how to report this through eBay. Most often, you paid more fees without a solution. I would be very careful spending more than $500 through eBay.

Wait, you can remove negative feedbacks with cash? Wha?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back