gloco

Only one ban in 5000 attempts!
Jun 14, 2003 at 10:38 PM Post #2 of 29
$1 million...

Hmmph
mad.gif

Was anyone here scammed?

Jun 14, 2003 at 11:03 PM Post #3 of 29
i know plenty of ebay hustlers. so i see the place just like any other online gambling website. i only ante up what i can lose.

Jun 14, 2003 at 11:07 PM Post #4 of 29
usually the small time scammers get away with it coz the authorities only go after the big ones that do a lot of damage .

i think they should be treated equally as to time and attention .

Jun 14, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 29
ahhh ebay scams. I remember the senior year of high school, I was fired from Wal-mart due to my age (17) and was trying to be an entrepreneur by buying things cheap on ebay and selling it to fellow students. This user named aliendistribution was auctioning these neat little book pcs for $500 and I found that I could make $200 a piece off these books to kids at school. Needless to say me and over 100 other ebayers were hosed. After I realized that it was a scam I frantically tried to contact every government agency in the scammer's city and state (Everett, Washington). I even got their local paper to run an article on the sham but to no avail. Three years later and my five bills is still floating around in government limbo, I just hope the fellows who blatantly ripped off innocent customers are rotting in prison, getting their **** pushed in every damn day. Whats worse is that the whole debacle took place around Christmas, and a good number of the book pc purchases were to be presents. I suppose some sick ****s in the world tossed their conscience along the wayside in hopes of a quick buck or two...

Jun 15, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #7 of 29
Ebay protection's basically crap. How could they let the guy con 1000 buyers before shutting him down.

Jun 15, 2003 at 12:47 AM Post #8 of 29
Well... there's a simple rule here:

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. I also avoid buying stuff from sellers who list over 20 or so items a day. Also avoid anything listed in all caps.

Jun 15, 2003 at 1:58 AM Post #10 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Well... there's a simple rule here:

If it sounds too good to be true, it is. I also avoid buying stuff from sellers who list over 20 or so items a day. Also avoid anything listed in all caps.

I dunno, i've purchased some LP's from Powersellers who list many, many items all the time, i never had a problem with them. I think the key point here is to avoid making big purchases over ebay, such as a laptop or a car, lol...yeah, don't buy a car over ebay.

Jun 15, 2003 at 2:52 AM Post #11 of 29
If I was one of the sellers (other than the scammer, that is) that paid SquareTrade money to use their service, I'd want my money back, because all of a sudden, it ain't worth much. That's a reputation they're not going to be able to shake.

Jun 15, 2003 at 3:36 AM Post #12 of 29
Hey guys, do you think that there may be something weird about the auction I just bidded on and won? I found an amazing deal on a brand new Jaguar. The seller said it was new and never used, although he didn't show any pictures of it. He also said it was the special Limited Edition, with only 75 cars made. I didn't know a limited edition existed, but it sounded pretty cool, considering there were so few made. But the amazing thing about this auction is that the price was at $2,000 with no reserve! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. So I bidded on it and won the next day for that price. The car must have costed at least $100,000 from a dealer, but I'm not complaining, look at the awesome price I got it for.

Another thing is that this guy must be really busy, because I emailed him about 5 times, then finally he emailed me back about 2 weeks later stating his address and the amount of money to be sent. That's all he said. So I figure he probably didn't have time to write much and is answering emails all the time.

Oh yeah, the weird thing about this seller was his feedback. Strangely, 90% of it was negative. I didn't look at the people's comments, but who cares about that when I got such a good deal on the car. I can't wait until he delivers it to my house.

Jun 15, 2003 at 4:58 AM Post #13 of 29
I don't think you got a deal, you surely got a scam. You better hope not losing your $2000, My advise to you, if it's true, you better go there and give the money face to face, and get the car, it's safer, DON'T SEND THE MONEY. Think about it logically, if I'm the one who sell the car, and because I forgot to set the reserve price and being sold for $2000.00, I wouldn't sell that car and surely better off with one negative feedback, but in this case. You better hope get your 2000.00 back if you've sent the money, Good luck, The mistake is in your part. Use your common sense, like everyone said if it's sound too good to be true, then it is.
and please I don't think you need to tell people that you've got $100000.00 jaguar for $2000.00, if you haven't even got your car. That person got your $2000.00 dude and it's only cost him the posting ebay's fee which is like the most is only $20-30.00

Jun 15, 2003 at 5:18 AM Post #15 of 29
tip - sarcasm, it can be used even without inflection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back