Gustard X26 Dual ES9038PRO DAC with ESS USB chip
May 2, 2019 at 1:01 AM Post #76 of 105
So I tested it out. When playing a video via VLC Player using USB input; there is a slight delay in sound, as if a few milliseconds behind.
When using Optical input, there is no such delay. Playing youtube the delay in USB seems less apparent compared to playing a video file on the computer, however when played via Optical there is no sound delay.

I dont have any videogames installed on my computer right now! I'll have to try another time, though i suspect the same may be true for videogames as well.

May 2, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #78 of 105
So I tested it out. When playing a video via VLC Player using USB input; there is a slight delay in sound, as if a few milliseconds behind.
When using Optical input, there is no such delay. Playing youtube the delay in USB seems less apparent compared to playing a video file on the computer, however when played via Optical there is no sound delay.

I dont have any videogames installed on my computer right now! I'll have to try another time, though i suspect the same may be true for videogames as well.

I haven't tried Coaxial or AES yet, however I suspect this delay is due to something going on with the USB implementation.
Optical works with no apparent sound delay.

Thanks for checking that! It sounds like a minor issue at worst. I may end up using the X26 with a DDC, probably the U16 or SU-6, so hopefully that will resolve the issue altogether.

My dirty little secret is that I game using a $20 pair of earbuds plugged into an Xbox One controller. lol

May 2, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #79 of 105
My dirty little secret is that I game using a $20 pair of earbuds plugged into an Xbox One controller. lol

Lmao this is an outrage!
Also I recommend the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 USB Converter with iPower Low Noise DC Power Supply - including International Travel Adapters by iFi Audio (5V), works really well

Last edited:
May 10, 2019 at 1:46 PM Post #80 of 105
May 10, 2019 at 2:10 PM Post #81 of 105
I have tried X26 for one whole week.

The USB input of X26 is not as good as U16 i2S output to X26. I found problem above 192k with USB in, while I2s in via U16 has no problem all frequency (version 1.41).

I have also compared it with Teac NT 505 and Audio-gd R7. It cannot beat both of them.

End up I returned the X26 to the reseller.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back