1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Gustard X26 Dual ES9038PRO DAC with ESS USB chip

Discussion in 'Dedicated Source Components' started by mtoc, Jan 23, 2019.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Next

Last
  1. Ramrod152001
    So I tested it out. When playing a video via VLC Player using USB input; there is a slight delay in sound, as if a few milliseconds behind.
    When using Optical input, there is no such delay. Playing youtube the delay in USB seems less apparent compared to playing a video file on the computer, however when played via Optical there is no sound delay.

I dont have any videogames installed on my computer right now! I'll have to try another time, though i suspect the same may be true for videogames as well.

phthora likes this.
  2. Ramrod152001
    I haven't tried Coaxial or AES yet, however I suspect this delay is due to something going on with the USB implementation.
    Optical works with no apparent sound delay.

3. phthora
    Thanks for checking that! It sounds like a minor issue at worst. I may end up using the X26 with a DDC, probably the U16 or SU-6, so hopefully that will resolve the issue altogether.

My dirty little secret is that I game using a $20 pair of earbuds plugged into an Xbox One controller. lol

4. Ramrod152001
    Lmao this is an outrage!
    Also I recommend the Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 USB Converter with iPower Low Noise DC Power Supply - including International Travel Adapters by iFi Audio (5V), works really well

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    phthora likes this.
  5. phthora
  6. jimmychan
    I have tried X26 for one whole week.

The USB input of X26 is not as good as U16 i2S output to X26. I found problem above 192k with USB in, while I2s in via U16 has no problem all frequency (version 1.41).

I have also compared it with Teac NT 505 and Audio-gd R7. It cannot beat both of them.

End up I returned the X26 to the reseller.

motberg and Alcophone like this.
  7. PitBul34
  8. rafabro
    I used google translate and I am not sure did I get this right...Is this saying Gustard X26 is better then Terminator?

9. PitBul34
    He said Terminator a bit better, but X26 is near.

10. jimmychan
    From my test for one week, the X26 is not so good.
    This is a comparison with TEAC NT505 and Audio-gd Reference 1.
    They both beat it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  11. PitBul34
    Try this settings:

PCM filter: gentle
    DSD filter: 47k
    Gpll mode: cdt opt.
    Nos mode: above 176
    Phase invert: disable

Baten likes this.
  12. rafabro
    Run it for 300h first and don't listen at all. Then compare with other DACs. Other way it make no sense.

13. rafabro
    Is it good for X26 or bad for Terminator?..

14. PitBul34
    It's good for X26, I think. It's the real progress in sound quality engineering for delta-sigma chips (so, they can sound analog-like now) and for much lower money.

Baten likes this.
  15. jimmychan
    The DAC was borrowed from the reseller and it was run in for more than 1000 hours, the test is make sense.

They are only selling at about US$1000 from Taobao.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 at 12:20 AM
    motberg likes this.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
Next

Last