Gustard U18
Oct 25, 2022 at 4:59 PM Post #1,036 of 1,989
Wish I had the money right now to do the purple fuse offer. Could throw a couple of SR purples in my OTL and do the freebie in my U18. But that would require almost 4 times what I spent for the orange. So I will enjoy the orange at least until taxtime and then we shall see. Hopefully VH audio will have some perk, but I doubt it.

Happy listening,

jgwtriode
Aucharms “High-end HIFI Gold Silver Nano Oil Immersion Fuse” @ $75 will probably better the SR Orange … Aliexpress item # 3256803140632693

But no fuse I’m aware of, except Cross Point High End Fuse can better the Purple ….

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2022 at 5:50 PM Post #1,037 of 1,989
My stereo room is sounding better than I ever thought it could, and I'm expecting more improvements with the purple fuses and some DH labs Revelation silver XLR interconnects I found pre-owned that are on the way. Now in my mid-60s I just might be approaching my end game audio system (I know we all say that). Seeing four or five different options for contact enhancement liquids I would like to choose one that is more or less permanent. Is there one brand more likely that one application would be all I would ever need? I'd probably coat everything, fuses, interconnects, speaker cables, power cables and maybe even my USB cable but don't want to have to do that repeatedly. Is there one brand likely to suit these needs?

Oct 25, 2022 at 11:45 PM Post #1,038 of 1,989
My stereo room is sounding better than I ever thought it could, and I'm expecting more improvements with the purple fuses and some DH labs Revelation silver XLR interconnects I found pre-owned that are on the way. Now in my mid-60s I just might be approaching my end game audio system (I know we all say that). Seeing four or five different options for contact enhancement liquids I would like to choose one that is more or less permanent. Is there one brand more likely that one application would be all I would ever need? I'd probably coat everything, fuses, interconnects, speaker cables, power cables and maybe even my USB cable but don't want to have to do that repeatedly. Is there one brand likely to suit these needs?

Aucharms “High-end HIFI Gold Silver Nano Oil Immersion Fuse” @ $75 will probably better the SR Orange … Aliexpress item # 3256803140632693

But no fuse I’m aware of, except Cross Point High End Fuse can better the Purple ….
https://www.whatsbestforum.com/thre...r-expensive-products.33833/page-3#post-756041

Okay here is commentary on the QSA fuses from hong kong. $1500, $5000 and $10,000 fuses and he compares the level of improvement with other significant upgrades suggesting they make bigger diffrences. Compares them with the SR Orange.

Happy reading and pondering. Forever out of my wheelhouse.

jgwtriode

Oct 26, 2022 at 1:16 AM Post #1,039 of 1,989
Of course I will treat the fuse with Mad Scientist Graphene Contact Enhancer. My favorite that I have tried.

Mine, too. I use it for all of my contacts.

Oct 26, 2022 at 4:06 AM Post #1,040 of 1,989
Oct 26, 2022 at 5:33 AM Post #1,041 of 1,989
For me, reality hits. I could afford SR Purples for my core digital components and SR Oranges for all others, but I cannot afford these QSA fuses. I shall have to remain oblivious to their goodness. I don't feel hard done by.

Oct 26, 2022 at 5:50 AM Post #1,042 of 1,989
Lowering of the noise floor is the immediate thing I noticed after inserting the purple fuse. And soon forgot all about it and now thinking how I could tweak my system further. The happiness was short lived.

Oct 26, 2022 at 6:31 AM Post #1,043 of 1,989
Lowering of the noise floor is the immediate thing I noticed after inserting the purple fuse. And soon forgot all about it and now thinking how I could tweak my system further. The happiness was short lived.
A grounding box each on the U18 and your DAC will lower the noise floor further.

Oct 26, 2022 at 7:51 AM Post #1,044 of 1,989
SR Purple + The nano liquid = Powerful combo … I applied the nano to all fuses I have … There is some burn-in time for the nano as well …
Here's another plug for the nano juice. I was extremely skeptical of fuses when I was researching them. But with the SR 30 trial period, what's to lose? And I wound up keeping them. I heard an immediate difference that got better with burn in. These are power fuses so the devices just have to be on for burn in. No need for music. As for the nano juice, well, no 30 trial but I don't believe I read 1 negative post on any forum about the stuff other than from people who deny the validity of these types of tweaks without actually trying them. There will always be deniers. I put the stuff on everything from AC power cords connectionsd through the entire signal chain right on to the banana plugs of my speakers. Next up is pulling the xovers and drivers out and doing those internal connections. The stuff also requires burn in but makes a difference akin to a fuse upgrade at least in my system it did. YMMV.

BTW Nano Particle Solution NPS-Q45T is the juice I got. They just came out with a new and improved formula earlier this year after it wasn't available for some time. After much due diligence, this stuff was most the highly spoken of by users on forums that I could find. Pricey but you get enough to last at least 5 lifetimes as little of it goes a long way.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 9:20 AM Post #1,047 of 1,989
Can 1 box handle both devices or is it just better to ground to separate boxes? Also how are the boxes themselves grounded? I would think they require grounding and are not standalone boxes.
One box per component.

They are not grounded, they act as the ground.

Oct 26, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #1,048 of 1,989
For me, reality hits. I could afford SR Purples for my core digital components and SR Oranges for all others, but I cannot afford these QSA fuses. I shall have to remain oblivious to their goodness. I don't feel hard done by.
I have read a couple of peoples comments on the Audio Magic M1 beeswax fuse. Handmade one at a time. $300. They say its a noticeable step up from the Purple.
A bit more in the realm of reality.

How much are the grounding boxes and who make them?

Happy listening,

jgwtriode

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2022 at 12:29 PM Post #1,050 of 1,989
How much are the grounding boxes and who make them?

I have various ones. The best are the Quartz Acoustics from Singapore. Also good are the Aucharm and Aucharm XL from AliExpress. Prices and the £ have changed so much recently I couldn't tell you what you'd pay in $.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back