Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip
Apr 28, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #1,366 of 3,700
abertels,

Thank you for your advice.

Did you mean that you tried bypassing the relay by connecting those two points with a hookup wire and this did put U12 to work but it just didn't sound good because of "ground noise"? 

Did you also try using a data-only cable after bypassing the relay so that there was no power or ground connected to U12's USB port at all?

By the way, 2.26 driver is out:

http://pan.baidu.com/s/1ntDUtqp

Apr 28, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #1,367 of 3,700
abertels,

Did you mean that you tried bypassing the relay by connecting those two points with a hookup wire and this did put U12 to work but it just didn't sound good because of "ground noise"? 

Did you also try using a data-only cable after bypassing the relay so that there was no power or ground connected to U12's USB port at all?

Many thx for the driver link. Did you try it already? Any install issues, SQ changes...

Apr 28, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #1,369 of 3,700
The link is for the official 2.26 from Gustard. No need to disable driver signature when installing. It works well for me, but it doesn't have the spytool in it. 

The spytool in the modded WaveIO 2.23 is very useful for checking the performance of different usb ports and different operation systems. I set latency at 1 ms and buffer at 512. I found that some of my usb ports will fail under this setting and that Win server 2012 works better than Win10.

Hope we will get a modded WaveIO 2.26 with its spytool in it.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #1,370 of 3,700
  The link is for the official 2.26 from Gustard. No need to disable driver signature when installing. It works well for me, but it doesn't have the spytool in it. 

The spytool in the modded WaveIO 2.23 is very useful for checking the performance of different usb ports and different operation systems. I set latency at 1 ms and buffer at 512. I found that some of my usb ports will fail under this setting and that Win server 2012 works better than Win10.

Hope we will get a modded WaveIO 2.26 with its spytool in it.

Just as important is the Control Panel app.
So who's gonna make up a modded set for v2.26?  

Pretty please....
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,371 of 3,700

Just as important is the Control Panel app.
So who's gonna make up a modded set for v2.26?  

Pretty please....
bigsmile_face.gif

That's for sure.  I like being able to select Latency Settings, ASIO Buffer Size, and "Always On" as the streaming mode.  Without that Control Panel I am sticking with 2.24 until a set is ready that includes it.

(A big thank you ahead of time to the boffin who is smart enough to include this 
cool.gif
  )

Apr 28, 2015 at 5:12 PM Post #1,372 of 3,700

That's for sure.  I like being able to select Latency Settings, ASIO Buffer Size, and "Always On" as the streaming mode.  Without that Control Panel I am sticking with 2.24 until a set is ready that includes it.

(A big thank you ahead of time to the boffin who is smart enough to include this 
cool.gif
  )

Heck, I've been looking for a full version of v2.24, where did you get it?
This Thesycon driver licensing stuff can drive a person mad, Lol.

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:44 AM Post #1,374 of 3,700
  abertels,

Hi pakultra,

No, i didn't try that because it's of no importance if you don't have clean, un-polluted ground.

I will wait for Elfidelity AXF-100 Pro USB card which sorts this problem out, non-polluted ground (galvanic seperated) and possibility for battery power.
I'm sure Gustard didn't build in this relay for fun, so i won't bypass it.

Since whole schematics is based on GND from USB, I'm very sure it's best to connect a 100% clean GND to it.

Regards, and many thanks for the new driver (haven't test it btw)

Alex

Apr 29, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #1,375 of 3,700
Hi all,

OPPO has two devices called BDP-105(D) and HA-2 which uses XMOS.

They have full driverpackages, but their latest is 2.24.

I will check periodically if they have newer versions available.

Apr 29, 2015 at 6:58 AM Post #1,376 of 3,700
Oh, right....  I Forgot Oppo was using XMOS in their devices.
I Picked up a BDP-103 last week.  Nice player 
bigsmile_face.gif

As for the Oppo drivers: v2.24 is available for the HA-2 (BDP-105 is still on v2.22).
I'm pretty sure they will need modding to work with the Gustard and/or other devices as there's a good chance the device ID's will be different and we don't know if Oppo has made any special modifications specific to their equipment.

Apr 29, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #1,377 of 3,700
  Oh, right....  I Forgot Oppo was using XMOS in their devices.
I Picked up a BDP-103 last week.  Nice player 
bigsmile_face.gif

As for the Oppo drivers: v2.24 is available for the HA-2 (BDP-105 is still on v2.22).
I'm pretty sure they will need modding to work with the Gustard and/or other devices as there's a good chance the device ID's will be different and we don't know if Oppo has made any special modifications specific to their equipment.

You could be right, but i noticed Melodious did send their drivers including TUSB from Oppo, that's why I started searching on their website 
wink_face.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #1,378 of 3,700
Originally Posted by pakultra 

abartels,

Originally Posted by abartels /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hi pakultra,

No, i didn't try that because it's of no importance if you don't have clean, un-polluted ground.

I will wait for Elfidelity AXF-100 Pro USB card which sorts this problem out, non-polluted ground (galvanic seperated) and possibility for battery power.
I'm sure Gustard didn't build in this relay for fun, so i won't bypass it.

Since whole schematics is based on GND from USB, I'm very sure it's best to connect a 100% clean GND to it.

Regards, and many thanks for the new driver (haven't test it btw)

Alex

*** GOOD NEWS ***

Just got confirmation from my very helpfull middleman hpgsemaj that Elfidelity AXF-100 Pro indeed has isolated USB GROUND.
This wil bring us on a much higher SQ level 
bigsmile_face.gif
 even when used with cheap wallmart, but off course, batterypower is best 
bigsmile_face.gif

I'm going to design a little relay-switchbox which will power-off batterycharger when turning on AudioPC and will power-on batterycharger when AudioPC shuts off.
This way I can take all the benefits from batterypower (I use a XIAOMI 10400mAH 4x18650 based powerbank) without having to charge it manually 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:08 PM Post #1,379 of 3,700
*** GOOD NEWS ***

Just got confirmation from my very helpfull middleman hpgsemaj that Elfidelity AXF-100 Pro indeed has isolated USB GROUND.
This wil bring us on a much higher SQ level :bigsmile_face:  even when used with cheap wallmart, but off course, batterypower is best :bigsmile_face:

I'm going to design a little relay-switchbox which will power-off batterycharger when turning on AudioPC and will power-on batterycharger when AudioPC shuts off.
This way I can take all the benefits from batterypower (I use a XIAOMI 10400mAH 4x18650 based powerbank) without having to charge it manually :bigsmile_face:  

That switchbox sounds like a winner. Do you plan to sell some? Or is there any commercially available one?

Apr 29, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #1,380 of 3,700
I'd like to report that I just tried bypassing the relay like it is shown in red below

The U12 turned on fine but my computer does not recognize it with a data-only usb cable. The same cable works well with my Nad D1050 usb input. So the problem lies not with my PC or my cable. 

Of course, as soon as I switch to a regular usb cable, my pc starts to see U12 and everything starts to work.

It seems that even though U12 is turned on, it still needs to sense the presence of usb power before it starts to send out data to communicate with my computer. Anyway to get around this? Is there a way to trigger U12 to start communicating with PC without the 5V power connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back