Gustard H16
Aug 21, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #61 of 193
Both are transparent but the Singxer measures better. Though annoyingly, its gain switch is on the bottom.
I have the H16 and I am happy with it. It drives all of my gear without problems with power to spare.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:12 PM Post #64 of 193
Hello, H16 or Sinxer S1
Jotunheim 2 If you want a more fun founding amp than either of them. I had the H16, and while good, it lacked power and didn't sound drastically different compared to the plethora of THX amps available for cheaper. Ended up getting a Jot 2 and that's where the real difference was. Bass slam and damn near unlimited power for days.

Aug 21, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #66 of 193
Jotunheim 2 If you want a more fun founding amp than either of them. I had the H16, and while good, it lacked power and didn't sound drastically different compared to the plethora of THX amps available for cheaper. Ended up getting a Jot 2 and that's where the real difference was. Bass slam and damn near unlimited power for days.

If I may ask what do you mean by fun founding? I had SP200 THX which I do not like due to dry and sterile sound, I am now looking for amp fro AEON Closed & Sundara amp with power and sweet warm yet able to give detail in sound.
My DAC is Gustard X16

Aug 22, 2021 at 5:22 AM Post #67 of 193
Thanks, do you plug any iem on H16 ?
Yes, I use it with IEMs as well. Most of my IEMs need low gain and volume of 2. Tinhifi P1 is an exception as it needs nearly as much power as full-sized headphones.

Aug 22, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #68 of 193
If I may ask what do you mean by fun founding? I had SP200 THX which I do not like due to dry and sterile sound, I am now looking for amp fro AEON Closed & Sundara amp with power and sweet warm yet able to give detail in sound.
My DAC is Gustard X16
I mean that, in contrast to THX and H16, the Jot 2 is a warmer, more visceral, gets your foot tapping kind of amp with its accentuated macro dynamics compared to the wet noodle dynamics on the THX. Bass is straight away more noticeable on the Jot from the moment you first listen to it. There's just more there than with the THX's, with way better punch. Jot 2 also adds a sense of depth soundstage wise as well, while THX's are flatter, taller sounding in that regard. Detail wise, it's a wash. I honestly can't put my finger on which ones more detailed. On one hand I find the Jot better at micro detail, and on the other I find THX better at treble detail.

It sounds like I'm echoing reviewer Currawong here, but he really did nail the sound description of the Jot 2 vs THX

Aug 22, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #70 of 193
Topping A30 pro vs Gustard H16?......any opinions???
After all the trouble I had with the A90 I'd get another Gustard device over Topping any day.

Aug 22, 2021 at 9:59 PM Post #71 of 193
After all the trouble I had with the A90 I'd get another Gustard device over Topping any day.
Hi it is interesting, had experience A90 + D7s MQA dac and I found D7s adds sweetness to A90, however still I find A90 is fairly neutral.
Will the Gustard H16 be more sweet or has more soul and can bring out the emotions to each song?

Aug 22, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #73 of 193
Oh Right! .......does the H16 come with power cable.....or will I have to buy one seperately......??
You may have read the same review I did before I bought the H16, stating that it did not come with a power and the buyer had to supply one. It was probably accidentally left out of his review unit, which must get packed and repacked multiple times. My brand new H16 came with a power cable.

Aug 23, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #75 of 193
Since some you guys have used H16 and have experience with other amps ....how would you say the sound stage compares to A90 or some other amps in this price category.....???

P.s. sorry for so many questions...... I'm really confused and can't decide which amp to buy......Will be using it with Arya....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back