GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Apr 20, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #4,861 of 5,553
Mine always ran in +6. So.....

Apr 20, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #4,864 of 5,553
During our test we found that with +6 and +12 setting the dual opamp on the back work most stable. With all other setting seems to cause the dual V5 to overheat. We are not sure the cause since we do not know how H-10 circuit configured. 

Burson Audio Stay updated on Burson Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio https://twitter.com/bursonaudio http://www.bursonaudio.com/products/
Apr 20, 2016 at 10:32 PM Post #4,869 of 5,553
This is most interesting development on the Burson's front. Makes total sense - opamp in unstable configuration can start oscillating and will pollute device with high frequencies, causing everything to work extra hard, overheat and so on.

That implies that melting down V5 Bursons would happen only to people with full boat. Have we ever seen anybody with half-boat witness 'crying' Bursons?

Oh, wait, it might be more complicated... and some older half-boats might have melted simply because of voltage issue. Dunno.

Apr 20, 2016 at 11:44 PM Post #4,871 of 5,553
OG V5's(full boat) at +6, worse thing I have come across was that one of the singles had it's red casing a little raised (like 1-2mm); to which I just ran the H10 for like 1 hour to heat it up and then just firmly pressed down on the casing. *knocks on wood*

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:27 AM Post #4,872 of 5,553
I can confirm that my Dual V5's failed when running at -6. I had burned them in for 200 hours in "normal" position without problems. 

I'm using 49720HA now, and they sound good. I hope my replacements arrive soon though.

Apr 21, 2016 at 1:56 AM Post #4,873 of 5,553
Dennis just got back to me about 2 days ago. I just have to ship back the opamps to them then they can process my replacement. planning on shipping both singles and duals by tomorrow. I wonder how much the postage will be from here in the U.S. Apparently, per their new post, they are also offering the h10 heatsink for free for the h10 opamp pack. I wonder if I'll still be eligible.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:19 AM Post #4,874 of 5,553
Dennis just got back to me about 2 days ago. I just have to ship back the opamps to them then they can process my replacement. planning on shipping both singles and duals by tomorrow. I wonder how much the postage will be from here in the U.S. Apparently, per their new post, they are also offering the h10 heatsink for free for the h10 opamp pack. I wonder if I'll still be eligible.

Postage shouldn't be much without tracking. Could take really long though.

Apr 21, 2016 at 2:38 AM Post #4,875 of 5,553
Looks like I will be going with the muses 02 in the dual slot. Not worth the risk for now. I like the idea of replacing a bipolar opamp with another bipolar anyway. Hear they are more stable/quiet in the input stage. Anyone else have this combo? I adore the muses in my little dot, the transition from opa2107 to muses was shocking. Having said that the v5 singles have been stellar and hope they don't pop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back