GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Apr 14, 2016 at 9:49 PM Post #4,816 of 5,553
Are they the 17v bursons?

affirmative. I've also just contacted them, and requested to replace the singles upon their discretion as well. hope to hear from them soon.

Here are pictures of my 17v V5s full boat. Duals are bust, Singles, while visibly melted, are just working fine.

Apr 15, 2016 at 6:52 AM Post #4,820 of 5,553
Not really. The new issued V5s will be able to accept the higher voltage that the H10 applies. The overheating issues should be resolved.

This set of failures seem to be 17v.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:13 AM Post #4,821 of 5,553
Not really. The new issued V5s will be able to accept the higher voltage that the H10 applies. The overheating issues should be resolved.

These were the new ones:

affirmative. I've also just contacted them, and requested to replace the singles upon their discretion as well. hope to hear from them soon.

Here are pictures of my 17v V5s full boat. Duals are bust, Singles, while visibly melted, are just working fine.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:32 AM Post #4,823 of 5,553
To me and for now, a better or the best solution to avoid the heat issue when using Burson's opams in H10 is to leave H10 open all the time provided you dare and know not to get yourself electrified. 

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:34 AM Post #4,824 of 5,553
  To me and for now, a better or the best solution to avoid the heat issue when using Burson's opams in H10 is to leave H10 open all the time provided you dare and know not to get yourself electrified. 

lol oh well better safe then sorry. You better think about some heatinks, i wonder if those old copper zalman gpu heatsinks would help.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:45 AM Post #4,825 of 5,553

lol oh well better safe then sorry. You better think about some heatinks, i wonder if those old copper zalman gpu heatsinks would help.

Heatsinks on Burson's opamps seem not to be very effective because the heat inside the H10 might be beyond the tolerance of Bursons. Reducing the heat of the whole H10 seems to be more critical.

Apr 15, 2016 at 9:50 AM Post #4,826 of 5,553

Heatsinks on Burson's opamps seem not to be very effective because the heat inside the H10 might be beyond the tolerance of Bursons. Reducing the heat of the whole H10 seems to be more critical.

I was thinking of adding those copper gpu heatinks to the H10 itself, i dont know if i still have them or they made the trash-voyage years ago ill have to look, they werent big and they are well built. If i had one of those infrared thermometers that would be helpful.

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #4,827 of 5,553
Just got my amp. I must say, it is significantly larger than my Schiit Stack! 

First impressions:

Other than being massive, I can't say I'm impressed with it just yet. I don't have the best trained ears as of yet, but I'm hard pressed to find a difference between this and my Magni 2. I'm hopeful with enough burn-in that it'll start showing off some of that magic that earlier comments mentioned :)

Any recommended gain settings? I'm using the HD650's with this as of right now, and plan on purchasing LCD-2's this summer. 

EDIT: Upon listening to some songs comparing the two, I can definitely tell there's a difference. As to what exactly this difference is, I have no idea. I guess you can say the Gustard feels more... closed in and muffled?

Apr 15, 2016 at 5:53 PM Post #4,828 of 5,553

First impressions:

Other than being massive, I can't say I'm impressed with it just yet. I don't have the best trained ears as of yet, but I'm hard pressed to find a difference between this and my Magni 2. I'm hopeful with enough burn-in that it'll start showing off some of that magic that earlier comments mentioned :)

Any recommended gain settings? I'm using the HD650's with this as of right now, and plan on purchasing LCD-2's this summer. 

EDIT: Upon listening to some songs comparing the two, I can definitely tell there's a difference. As to what exactly this difference is, I have no idea. I guess you can say the Gustard feels more... closed in and muffled?

Bursons!!!!

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:13 PM Post #4,829 of 5,553

First impressions:

Your experience is similar to mine. It may open up a little bit, very slightly, but for my ears the H10 adds darkness/warmness. I liked the Asgard2 better, returned it because of excessive heat and thought to buy something better, as it was brighter and reveal details better.
Everyone here says Bursons but not sure how that improve the tonality and it's hard to spend $150+ for full set and be disappointed.

Apr 15, 2016 at 7:25 PM Post #4,830 of 5,553
Your experience is similar to mine. It may open up a little bit, very slightly, but for my ears the H10 adds darkness/warmness. I liked the Asgard2 better, returned it because of excessive heat and thought to buy something better, as it was brighter and reveal details better.
Everyone here says Bursons but not sure how that improve the tonality and it's hard to spend $150+ for full set and be disappointed.

A set of Burson's singles is more cost effective to improve the H10 than the full set. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back