GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Apr 14, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #4,802 of 5,554

Your comparison above a kind indicates that H10 is not that good for working with very high ohm phones such DT880/600, and this corroborates my experiences with DT880/600 and T1 on H10

Yes, 600 Ohm is a bit too much for H10. It is not bad degradation (like O2), just ... sound lacks a certain sparkle.
Anything up to 300 Ohm is very comfortable for H10. That is one of its greatest strengths - it plays will with almost all headphones, excluding only most sensitive IEMs and highest impedance phones.

Apr 14, 2016 at 1:17 PM Post #4,803 of 5,554
Yes, 600 Ohm is a bit too much for H10. It is not bad degradation (like O2), just ... sound lacks a certain sparkle.
Anything up to 300 Ohm is very comfortable for H10. That is one of its greatest strengths - it plays will with almost all headphones, excluding only most sensitive IEMs and highest impedance phones.

Do you just not like the sound with 600 ohm headphones? Or are u saying the H10 does not have enough power for 600 ohm phones?

Nvrmind I see what u mean now.

Apr 14, 2016 at 7:58 PM Post #4,812 of 5,554
  I found the problem. One of the dual Burson V5-D's is causing the snapping and popping. Replaced both with the original op amps and all is well. Sent an email off to Burson requesting a replacement. Waiting for their response.

my headphones started crackling on the right earcup a few days back as well, thought it was my cables, 
bought some cheap replacements on amazon, the connectors on my old cables are getting loose anyways. 
popped in my new cables, still crackling. started to think the driver was damaged. plugged it in directly to my DAP. 
voila no more crackling noise. 

I've been running the h10 24/7 for more than a month now, needless to say, it was hot. just turned it off waiting for it to cool down. 
Gonna try using it again after it cools down, If crackling noise still persist, I might just be in the same predicament as you.

Apr 14, 2016 at 8:39 PM Post #4,813 of 5,554
my headphones started crackling on the right earcup a few days back as well, thought it was my cables, 
bought some cheap replacements on amazon, the connectors on my old cables are getting loose anyways. 
popped in my new cables, still crackling. started to think the driver was damaged. plugged it in directly to my DAP. 
voila no more crackling noise. 

I've been running the h10 24/7 for more than a month now, needless to say, it was hot. just turned it off waiting for it to cool down. 
Gonna try using it again after it cools down, If crackling noise still persist, I might just be in the same predicament as you.

The stock opamps should be fine, but once bursons start crackling, you should contact them right away for replacement.

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:03 PM Post #4,814 of 5,554
The stock opamps should be fine, but once bursons start crackling, you should contact them right away for replacement.

after some troubleshooting, the V5-d is indeed the culprit. There are visible signs of melting on the opamps. needless to say, I have already swapped out to the stock ones.
The V5-s also shows visible signs of melting but they are still working fine. Now I'm not sure if i should ask for replacements for my singles as well?

Apr 14, 2016 at 9:41 PM Post #4,815 of 5,554
after some troubleshooting, the V5-d is indeed the culprit. There are visible signs of melting on the opamps. needless to say, I have already swapped out to the stock ones.
The V5-s also shows visible signs of melting but they are still working fine. Now I'm not sure if i should ask for replacements for my singles as well?

Are they the 17v bursons?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back