GUSTARD H10 High-current Discrete Class A output Stage Headphone Amplifier
Jan 7, 2016 at 4:48 AM Post #4,039 of 5,552

FYI, you are flipping the numerator and the denominator in your calculations.  The H10's output impedance would be 50ohm/400 = 0.125ohm (1/8 ohm).

Forgive me for nubie question:
What is the impact of low or high output impedance (like H10 has 0.125 Ohm) to sound?
My headphones have: 32 and 300 Ohm impedance, so how to choose proper amp for these headphone?

~ron~

Jan 7, 2016 at 5:38 AM Post #4,040 of 5,552

Forgive me for nubie question:
What is the impact of low or high output impedance (like H10 has 0.125 Ohm) to sound?
My headphones have: 32 and 300 Ohm impedance, so how to choose proper amp for these headphone?

~ron~

The usual rules apply; for the layperson, knowing figures and trying to do the maths only complicates things, unnecessarily!
As discussed on many threads, including this one, some amps are good with low impedance 'phones, and others with high impedance. Everything else is down to taste, preference and, of course, cost.

Jan 7, 2016 at 2:34 PM Post #4,046 of 5,552
When I put the single channel Bursons in, I immediately tell myself that I really liked how they made the amp sound. When I put the dual channel Bursons in, I needed to make an effort and go back and forth to tell what were the differences and how much. 

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know! I'll stick to the singles for now.

Jan 8, 2016 at 1:17 AM Post #4,047 of 5,552
  Hey BassDigger, any impressions on the bursons?

Erm, sorry! I haven't forgotten. I'll post some general impressions, along with some obligatory pics, within the next week. I just haven't been doing any listening since the first few days of fitting them, and I want to have a fresh perception, in my head. But please don't anticipate too much, from me; there's improvement, but I'm finding it difficult to quantify what differences the V5S has made.

Jan 8, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #4,048 of 5,552
No rush......I was just curious to hear what your initial impressions were. To be honest man, take as long as you need considering the 100hr burn in they apparently need. I'll probably give in and buy them here in a few days just to hear for myself. Hopefully I don't run into crackling like a lot of others have.

Jan 8, 2016 at 7:28 AM Post #4,050 of 5,552
Ordered mine Nov.30th. Received them yesterday. I did not get a single email from Burson.

Me neither.

Why can't they acknowledge payment and later, shipment?  

Answer: Doing so requires empathy and unprofitable labor.

I ordered mine on 29 December. Adding 12 days (how long you waited), I'm guessing mine will be here on Monday, January 11, but perhaps tomorrow, Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back