GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Apr 9, 2024 at 4:43 AM Post #8,716 of 8,833
Will this work on the AH90 too?
It’s still the Gustarender1v43.
Looks like they have a “s” version out now too.
Gustarender 1v43 is just a name presented on the network. In fact, each device may have a different operating system. Just as the A26 has a different partitioning method, the same may be true for the AH90. It is not possible to download firmware for the AH90, so I cannot compare. In my opinion it probably won't work.

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:40 AM Post #8,718 of 8,833
link?

Apr 9, 2024 at 5:41 AM Post #8,719 of 8,833
That's true, since firmware 1.43 they added random MAC. I didn't even notice it, but I connected via SSH and managed to turn it off. I will try to share the corrected firmware without random MAC tomorrow.
@wikaudio would you mind sharing with us the ssh password? Or how you managed to find that out? I'm trying to access my AH90's firmware to change network settings and the password could be the same.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:12 AM Post #8,722 of 8,833
but keep in mind this is for the AH90 not the R26
Thanks anyway. I thought its a non public FW for the R26. Because I searched and could not find one.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #8,723 of 8,833
As promised, I am providing a link to the improved 1v43 firmware.

R26_1v43_no_random_MAC.zip

This is the original firmware in which I disabled random MAC. If someone uses Roon, after uploading to R26 you need to re-enable R26 in Roon Audio
To the question: why did they enable random MAC? I don't understand it at all. Normally this is used for security on public Wi-Fi, but these are devices operating on home networks, so...
When it comes to using Tidal connect on Android, the problem is with certificates. What Gustard shared in firmware 1v43 is the same as what I shared earlier. They didn't come up with anything new because they would have to pay for a certificate, so they used what can be found on GitHub. That's why it doesn't work very well.
Any dates for a version with DSD on UPnP (I'm using Roon with MUSE to convert CD quality files to DSD)?

Apr 10, 2024 at 7:18 AM Post #8,724 of 8,833
Im using bubble upnp. I opened setting for gustard and set options like at Photos. How do you think, thats best set?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240410_131637_BubbleUPnP.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_131637_BubbleUPnP.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot_20240410_131631_BubbleUPnP.jpg
    Screenshot_20240410_131631_BubbleUPnP.jpg
    476.6 KB · Views: 0
Apr 10, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #8,725 of 8,833
As promised, I am providing a link to the improved 1v43 firmware.

R26_1v43_no_random_MAC.zip

This is the original firmware in which I disabled random MAC. If someone uses Roon, after uploading to R26 you need to re-enable R26 in Roon Audio
To the question: why did they enable random MAC? I don't understand it at all. Normally this is used for security on public Wi-Fi, but these are devices operating on home networks, so...
When it comes to using Tidal connect on Android, the problem is with certificates. What Gustard shared in firmware 1v43 is the same as what I shared earlier. They didn't come up with anything new because they would have to pay for a certificate, so they used what can be found on GitHub. That's why it doesn't work very well.
Thank you. All working corectly.

Apr 10, 2024 at 11:34 AM Post #8,726 of 8,833
I was challenged by @Keysee to improve Tidal Connect on Android devices. I put in some time and finally I can say, I DID IT!

I tested on a tablet with Android 10.0 and a phone with the latest TIDAL Music: HiFi, Playlists 2.107.0 APK and it works without any problems.
Below is the link to the firmware.

R26_Gustarender_1v43_Tidal.MAC_fix.zip

As before, this is the original 1v43 firmware containing my 2 fixes: restoring a static MAC address and the ability to control the R26 with Tidal Connect on Android devices.

I hope it works for you too.

Apr 10, 2024 at 12:47 PM Post #8,727 of 8,833
I was challenged by @Keysee to improve Tidal Connect on Android devices. I put in some time and finally I can say, I DID IT!

I tested on a tablet with Android 10.0 and a phone with the latest TIDAL Music: HiFi, Playlists 2.107.0 APK and it works without any problems.

As before, this is the original 1v43 firmware containing my 2 fixes: restoring a static MAC address and the ability to control the R26 with Tidal Connect on Android devices.

Question. I use Spotify connect to get it to the R26. Is there any advantage to using Tidal connect as opposed to Roon? Opinions?

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #8,728 of 8,833
Question. I use Spotify connect to get it to the R26. Is there any advantage to using Tidal connect as opposed to Roon? Opinions?
Spotify and Tidal are streaming services. Spotify offers the worst quality, Tidal offers HiRes files but is very criticized for MQA. Roon, on the other hand, is a local file server and supports streaming services such as Tidal, Quobuz, Kkbox and Dropbox. Of course, in addition to the Roon license, you also need separate licenses for streaming services.
Therefore, your question should be about the comparison between Spotify and Tidal.
Roon is most often used by people who have a lot of HiRes files and also use streaming. However, the price of Roon + streaming is often not acceptable to everyone. Instead, you get an excellent server with one application that works perfectly with many devices.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:29 PM Post #8,729 of 8,833

Any chance to do this for the A26/Ah90 as well?
I know a lot of guys would be very grateful.

Apr 10, 2024 at 1:34 PM Post #8,730 of 8,833
Spotify and Tidal are streaming services. Spotify offers the worst quality, Tidal offers HiRes files but is very criticized for MQA. Roon, on the other hand, is a local file server and supports streaming services such as Tidal, Quobuz, Kkbox and Dropbox. Of course, in addition to the Roon license, you also need separate licenses for streaming services.
Therefore, your question should be about the comparison between Spotify and Tidal.
Roon is most often used by people who have a lot of HiRes files and also use streaming. However, the price of Roon + streaming is often not acceptable to everyone. Instead, you get an excellent server with one application that works perfectly with many devices.
Thanks for your reply I guess my question should have been worded better. I already have Roon ( I built a Roon ROCK ) and a Tidal subscription. I just wondered if there was any advantages to using Tidal connect as opposed to Roon that I was not aware of. I use spotify to listen to the NY Times amplifier playlist that comes out twice a week and occasionally for other things but I mostly listen to Tidal and my own music collection thru Roon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back