GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Mar 5, 2023 at 4:37 PM Post #4,907 of 8,833
FWIW, I've never had any success with Balena Etcher trying to update with my Mac. I borrow my GF's windows rig and it usually works fine. I spoke with the guy at Gustard about it, saying that a lot of audio types in the west, particularly the US, use Macs and they might want to work on Mac versions of their updates; I could hear the silence halfway around the world. I plan on continuing to borrow a Windows PC for as long as I have the R26......................

Mar 5, 2023 at 7:41 PM Post #4,908 of 8,833
FWIW, I've never had any success with Balena Etcher trying to update with my Mac. I borrow my GF's windows rig and it usually works fine. I spoke with the guy at Gustard about it, saying that a lot of audio types in the west, particularly the US, use Macs and they might want to work on Mac versions of their updates; I could hear the silence halfway around the world. I plan on continuing to borrow a Windows PC for as long as I have the R26......................
Thank BShaw (fellow goner), I have been trying all this with my Windows computer. I give up! Thx

Mar 5, 2023 at 8:15 PM Post #4,909 of 8,833
Mar 5, 2023 at 8:41 PM Post #4,910 of 8,833
Hello,

read my post 4848 if Sue is using Windows.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/gus...-native-decoding-music-bridge.963630/page-324

It's really not difficult to update.
The firmware to update versus the Gustarender are different but almost similar.
I'm sure I'm doing it right, here is a picture of the new firmware loading to the DAC via the USBImager, with the power cord plugged in but with the power rocker switch off. Once completed and I power the DAC back on, the upgrade isn't there?

Attachments

• Update.jpg
    Update.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 0
Mar 5, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #4,915 of 8,833
@rockcity007 - I know this may seem to be a silly question, but are you leaving the power switch off in the back while the update loads to the internal card? You can see the front power button blinking which means the update is being loaded to the card. When the transfer is complete, you switch the power on in the back, and not before, then unplug the usb cable.

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:46 PM Post #4,918 of 8,833
@rockcity007 - I know this may seem to be a silly question, but are you leaving the power switch off in the back while the update loads to the internal card? You can see the front power button blinking which means the update is being loaded to the card. When the transfer is complete, you switch the power on in the back, and not before, then unplug the usb cable.
Yes

Mar 5, 2023 at 11:49 PM Post #4,920 of 8,833
Hey Cam, sorry?

"you’ve most likely done it.
Try newest one now?
Then for the newest display firmware upgrade you
DO NOT use Balena etcher.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/qwq9ih7azboh55y/Gustard_R26_CT_m2.1_via_type-C.zip/file
The update process is a bit different

Step 1
Turn off the DAC at the back (but leave the power cord connected )

Step 2
Start the firmware update program

Step 3
Connect the USB-C port to you pc

Step 4
Hit the "click here" button on the left corner

Step 5
Turn the DAC on at the back

Step 6
Wait a few seconds until the update progress is completed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread