GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Nov 3, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #1,111 of 8,835
Delighted for you! Just ordered mine yesterday from Amazon. Hoping it fits in well with my speaker system.

Nov 3, 2022 at 8:30 PM Post #1,112 of 8,835
Finally got the R26 up and running after waiting for the replacement (first was wrong color, sold to another forum member). It's early hours yet, but after 2 hours I can say one thing - the presentation is very natural sounding, and the soundstage is just luminous with my tubes and RAALs. Setup was a breeze, and Bubble UPnP found it right away, so running it on the LAN input now, with a Delock in the chain. The other thing I notice that's different from my previous DAC is I don't have to play as loudly to feel I'm getting "the whole picture" if you know what I mean. This is a really good thing, I used to need to get the SPL up to feel I was hearing all the music.
Hi Bshaw, how do you set up bubble upnp? I connected my R26 to the lan line but cannot find it...

Nov 3, 2022 at 9:57 PM Post #1,113 of 8,835
Hi Bshaw, how do you set up bubble upnp? I connected my R26 to the lan line but cannot find it...
It should show up in your renderer list. There's a setting somewhere in Bubble to add the renderer icon to your task bar at the bottom, it looks like a speaker. Makes it easy. Have you checked the renderer list and clicked on Gustarender v1.3 ?

Nov 3, 2022 at 10:01 PM Post #1,114 of 8,835
Delighted for you! Just ordered mine yesterday from Amazon. Hoping it fits in well with my speaker system.
I see you have a Willsenton too. That and those Buchardts are gonna sound great. And now you can ditch the Zen Stream too. They sound fantastic if you have good USB in your DAC, but the connectivity of the R26 is seamless, unlike the ZS. By the way, did you get the sale price from Amazon? They're being bigly discounted on the shenzen site and maybe Aoshida too.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 10:07 PM Post #1,115 of 8,835
I see you have a Willsenton too. That and those Buchardts are gonna sound great. And now you can ditch the Zen Stream too. They sound fantastic if you have good USB in your DAC, but the connectivity of the R26 is seamless, unlike the ZS. By the way, did you get the sale price from Amazon? They're being bigly discounted on the shenzen site and maybe Aoshida too.
Yep - I got the sales price - that’s what got me to move really. Hoping it’s a reasonable upgrade to the mojo 2 which has performed well in my system.

I have a few Google mesh extenders around the house. I presume I can just use one of those for the LAN input?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:02 AM Post #1,116 of 8,835
For Denafript DAC's it says that it is not recommended to use both RCA and XLR outputs simultaneously, once both outputs of the DAC are connected, regardless of whether the device is on/off, the DAC will 'see' it as a connected load (resistive/inductive/capacitive) and it may have an adverse effect on the sound. So my question is what about the R26, can I connect it to 2 outputs if one of them is powered off?

Nov 4, 2022 at 9:22 AM Post #1,117 of 8,835
For Denafript DAC's it says that it is not recommended to use both RCA and XLR outputs simultaneously, once both outputs of the DAC are connected, regardless of whether the device is on/off, the DAC will 'see' it as a connected load (resistive/inductive/capacitive) and it may have an adverse effect on the sound. So my question is what about the R26, can I connect it to 2 outputs if one of them is powered off?

The R26 is very likely to be OK with both RCA and XLR plugged in. The reality will depend on what you connect it to. Try it and see. If the input impedance's of both amps are > 2kohms each (thats super low and very unlikely) then the output:combined input ratio is >1:10 and should not be an issue with bass roll off or output stage current limits.

Denafrips DACs may power the RCA and XLR straight off the R2R ladder with no buffer or output stage. The output impedance with that design can be high. Connecting both RCA and XLR lowers the input impedance. Depending on the input impedance's that might be just fine or a problem. Try it and see.

To learn more google impedance matching / recommended output to input impedance / parallel load impednace.

Hope that helps?

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2022 at 9:27 AM Post #1,118 of 8,835
The R26 is very likely to be OK with both RCA and XLR plugged in. The reality will depend on what you connect it to. Try it and see. If the input impedance's of both amps are > 2kohms each (thats super low and very unlikely) then the output:combined input ratio is >1:10 and should not be an issue with bass roll off or output stage current limits.

Denafrips DACs may power the RCA and XLR straight off the R2R ladder with no buffer or output stage. The output impedance with that design can be high. Connecting both RCA and XLR lowers the input impedance. Depending on the input impedance's that might be just fine or a problem. Try it and see.

To learn more google impedance matching / recommended output to input impedance / parallel load inductance.

Hope that helps?
yes, thank you

Nov 4, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #1,119 of 8,835
I have connected both outputs on my R26 to my preamp. R26 output impedance is 100 Ohm and the preamp input impedance is 10 kOhm. If the outputs are not buffered (which is unlikely) the R26 would see 5 kOhm on each output, which is 1:50. So no worries.

Nov 4, 2022 at 1:04 PM Post #1,120 of 8,835
Could I connect Gustard to a PC, without internet, directly, with a network cable?

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:40 PM Post #1,123 of 8,835
You need a DHCP server running on the computer, as the streamer will need an IP address. Also you’ll need to share the connection, or the streamer won’t be accessible outside your computer, for example if you want to use a remote on your phone. You need two networks running on your computer, if you have a wifi and a ethernet port is doable. But it’s a massive pain in the ass if you ask me, I wouldn’t bother

Nov 4, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #1,124 of 8,835
Potreban vam je DHCP poslužitelj koji radi na računalu jer će streamer trebati IP adresu. Također ćete morati dijeliti vezu ili streamer neće biti dostupan izvan vašeg računala, na primjer ako želite koristiti daljinski na svom telefonu. Trebaju vam dvije mreže pokrenute na vašem računalu, ako imate wifi i ethernet priključak je moguć. Ali to je velika smetnja, ako mene pitate, ne bih se zamarao
Thank you

Nov 4, 2022 at 6:17 PM Post #1,125 of 8,835

To learn more google impedance matching / recommended output to input impedance / parallel load impednace.

Hope that helps?
Are you for real? Talking about importance of burn in for an ethernet isolator and now apparently needlessly presenting a heavier and more complex load, creating small ground loops, to one of the most sound critical stages in the whole chain for $1500 DAC should be "OK"??

If you listened to it and thought it was ok that would be something but you dont even own the R26.

Again, stop polluting thread with nonsense or at very least have some consistency with your nonsense.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back