GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Nov 1, 2022 at 7:01 AM Post #1,051 of 8,833
All sources is digital. My ears still on analog head:)))
Part of my work is old Vinyl and Tape restoration. Analog to digital transfer with many next steps in Izotop RX. And for me professional ADC DAC RME today is industry standart without look on the price.
With Gustard R26 sound is more acceptable when volume is OFF by menu. PCM NOS and PCM digital filter is Slow.
Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. But the stage can be 3D. It can spread more than the width of the speaker. There are also recordings where an instrument is positioned to the left of the left speaker, or to the right of the right speaker. It sounded great with the Krell SACD player. The R26 is good at it, but not as good as the Krell.

Nov 1, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #1,053 of 8,833
Maybe we're not talking about the same thing. But the stage can be 3D. It can spread more than the width of the speaker. There are also recordings where an instrument is positioned to the left of the left speaker, or to the right of the right speaker. It sounded great with the Krell SACD player. The R26 is good at it, but not as good as the Krell.
Using the Gustard with the Enleum 23r driving TeKton Lore speakers soundstage imaging was spectacular, it was easy by minor speaker placement to make the speakers disappear leaving that illusion of sound to emanate out of thin air in front and sides of the speaker though the stage was wide not so deep the cost of the speakers and dac is the astonishing part of it all , huge bang for buck Gustard dac and TeKton speakers .

Nov 1, 2022 at 8:49 AM Post #1,058 of 8,833
The hype is cooling down and the next DAC tickles your fancy?
Sure like always though for the money I thinks it’s good value though until for those whom are easily persuaded to join the next flavour band wagon .

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #1,059 of 8,833
If it's good today, it's good tomorrow.
Like the Pontus II...
If you want better, go to buy an Aquarius or Terminator... 🙄

Nov 1, 2022 at 9:53 AM Post #1,063 of 8,833
If not, should I buy a DDC or a reclock?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #1,064 of 8,833
To be honest I would prefer it without the steamer and a couple of hundred cheaper.
That streamer is really cheap off the shelf ARM SoC so I doubt removing it will bring the price down.

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2022 at 10:38 AM Post #1,065 of 8,833
That streamer is really cheap off the shelf ARM SoC so I doubt removing it will bring the price down.
You are right, this is why I find it pretty useless.
If the unit was mine and not a review loan, I would open it to find out if there is an SD card inside where I could install moode os.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back