GUSTARD DAC-R26 Balanced Decoder R2R+1Bit Dual Native Decoding Music Bridge
Jul 23, 2023 at 1:23 PM Post #6,901 of 8,917
... does anyone else hear the differences between the standard fuse and the SR Purple Fuse or can It only be heard on Susvara :) class headphones?

Jul 23, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #6,902 of 8,917
... does anyone else hear the differences between the standard fuse and the SR Purple Fuse or can It only be heard on Susvara :) class headphones?
SR fuse differences can be heard on my He1000v2 non stealths.

Jul 24, 2023 at 2:12 AM Post #6,903 of 8,917
I hear fuse improvements very clearly through loudspeakers

Jul 24, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #6,904 of 8,917
I tried SR purple and Audio Magic SHD Beeswax ULTIMATE in DAC Gustard R26 and I can tell you incredible difference, improvement across the spectrum! Be careful not to confuse insurance with the Premier label, it's not that good!

Jul 24, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #6,905 of 8,917
Well ... I was skeptical about the SR Purple fuse for 200Eur but you convinced me.
I changed main cable 15m 3x2.5mm2 5N only for my audio equipment and I saw big diffrence so now I will try SR Purple fuse and I will see what this little fella can change in my set. AUDIO ... phew, newer ending story :L3000:

Thetaburn, Fluty, THXKO

GUYS .... thank you for help :beerchug:

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #6,906 of 8,917
I tried SR purple and Audio Magic SHD Beeswax ULTIMATE in DAC Gustard R26 and I can tell you incredible difference, improvement across the spectrum! Be careful not to confuse insurance with the Premier label, it's not that good!
I’m guessing you mean the Super Fuse Bees Wax Ultimate
https://www.audio-magic.com/audio-fuses.html

Having spend many times the cost of such a fuse on exotic damping materials, somehow I balk at the thought of paying north of USD200 for a beeswax fuse. It’d be sorta passing a point of no return… :sweat_smile:

Jul 24, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #6,907 of 8,917
Hádam máte na mysli Super Fuse Bees Wax Ultimate
https://www.audio-magic.com/audio-fuses.html

Keďže som minul mnohonásobok ceny takejto poistky na exotické tlmiace materiály, nejako som sa zdráhal pomyslieť na to, že zaplatím severne od 200 USD za poistku z včelieho vosku. Bolo by to tak trochu prejsť bodom, odkiaľ niet návratu...:sweat_smile:
Myslím, že toto bol ich prvý, Premier bol druhý a týchto nových nepoznám. Len z fór som čítal, že zvukovo sú na tom horšie. To písali skúšajúci, nie ja
Myslím tento

http://www.zs-acoustics.com/audio-magic-shd-beeswax-ultimate.html

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2023 at 9:35 PM Post #6,908 of 8,917
I really like this DAC! I've used a Schiit Modius, Schiit Bifrost 2, and Denafrips Ares II. I'd say it sounds noticeably better than the Bifrost and Ares, not in a huge way, but in a big enough way. If money is tight for you or you don't listen to details too closely I wouldn't call it a must buy, but if you have the money and want more detail and clarity while still having some warmth and musicality I would recommend it.

The I2S HDMI input is a nice bonus if you have an external streamer, and I've heard good things about its internal streamer but have not used it.

Jul 24, 2023 at 10:41 PM Post #6,909 of 8,917
I really like this DAC! I've used a Schiit Modius, Schiit Bifrost 2, and Denafrips Ares II. I'd say it sounds noticeably better than the Bifrost and Ares, not in a huge way, but in a big enough way. If money is tight for you or you don't listen to details too closely I wouldn't call it a must buy, but if you have the money and want more detail and clarity while still having some warmth and musicality I would recommend it.

The I2S HDMI input is a nice bonus if you have an external streamer, and I've heard good things about its internal streamer but have not used it.
I found the sound improved noticeably after a couple of months use…. Things only get better and with the Wi-Fi extender and FMC mods the lift in sound is on another level using the LAN streamer input. Adding the Leo Bognar clock is another major lift.

Jul 24, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #6,910 of 8,917
I found the sound improved noticeably after a couple of months use…. Things only get better and with the Wi-Fi extender and FMC mods the lift in sound is on another level using the LAN streamer input. Adding the Leo Bognar clock is another major lift.
I'd be interested in the Bodnar Rod, but the need to calibrate every 3-4 weeks is a no-go. The way my head works is "if it's off that much in 3 weeks, it must already be slipping by day 7, so maybe I should just calibrate it every day". I'll just stick with my humble OCK-1 for now!

Jul 25, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #6,911 of 8,917
Is there a way to stream from a music streaming service to the internal streamer while applying EQ?
Currently use Tidal + Roon to achieve this but its quite expensive.

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #6,912 of 8,917
I'd be interested in the Bodnar Rod, but the need to calibrate every 3-4 weeks is a no-go. The way my head works is "if it's off that much in 3 weeks, it must already be slipping by day 7, so maybe I should just calibrate it every day". I'll just stick with my humble OCK-1 for now!
l believe new software-firmware is due to be released soon, no details yet, but l understand it should address some issues

Jul 27, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #6,913 of 8,917
You right, Audio Magic is better than Synergistic Research. I found Audio Magic Masterpiece M-1 Beeswax Fuse for 271.49Eur.
https://highend-electronics.com/pro...iece-m-1-beeswax-fuse#shopify-product-reviews

At the beginning I will try with one fuse for DAC.

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #6,914 of 8,917
Wow nice find...

Jul 27, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #6,915 of 8,917
You right, Audio Magic is better than Synergistic Research. I found Audio Magic Masterpiece M-1 Beeswax Fuse for 271.49Eur.
https://highend-electronics.com/pro...iece-m-1-beeswax-fuse#shopify-product-reviews

At the beginning I will try with one fuse for DAC.
Snap. That is in my cart... Just been asking about it over in the Puritan thread and was pointed to the supposedly even better SR master at twice the price. From what I've read the AM M-1 sounds like a synergistic fit with my R26 in my system where I wouldn't say no to a little more tonal mass/richness in the mid-range.

Edit - the SR Master… a bit rich for my blood right now I feel.
https://highend-electronics.com/products/synergistic-research-master-fuses

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back