Gustard DAC-A26 - AK4499EX DAC :: Impressions Thread
Apr 18, 2023 at 9:57 PM Post #621 of 1,056
I general I find Tidal/Qobuz to sound better via PC>USB>DAC rather than UPNP (bubble/mconnect). What are folks finding with the A26?
Streaming can be a bottle neck , comparing ripped library even one of the current great cd playback can outperform streaming Currently there are some good conversations with better ways of dealing with all the dirt riding in on your service , Headfi ,AudioPhileStyle and other sites have plenty good conversations on this very subject of sound quality.

Apr 19, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #623 of 1,056
Streaming can be a bottle neck , comparing ripped library even one of the current great cd playback can outperform streaming Currently there are some good conversations with better ways of dealing with all the dirt riding in on your service , Headfi ,AudioPhileStyle and other sites have plenty good conversations on this very subject of sound quality.
Sure, but that wasn't what I was asking.

Apr 22, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #627 of 1,056
Any feedback on A26 and/or purple switch yet? Worth the price?

You mean purple fuse?

In my setup I really didn’t notice that big of a difference, maybe marginally better or maybe placebo. I keep it, and with some more burntime I will A/B test the stock fuse again for good measure.

But that’s just me and my ears, others may have a better experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back