Gun-Fi
Jul 7, 2010 at 9:50 AM Post #1,141 of 1,732

Quote:
tactical stapler.

biggrin.gif

Jul 7, 2010 at 10:56 AM Post #1,143 of 1,732
Quote:
Around here when we want to fight, we use our hands!.....large number of fire arms=large numbers of violent crimes...

Actually, if you read the studies that have been done on this subject, you will see that crime has gone down in states here in the US that allow concealed carry.  Crime also went down in Washington D.C. after the Supreme Court allowed residents to have guns in their homes . Hopefully the same will happen here in Chicago.

Also, firearms have far more uses that just 'fighting.'  There are many different styles of competition and recreation that one can undertake using a gun.

Jul 8, 2010 at 9:17 AM Post #1,144 of 1,732
I agree with you when you say that .."firearms have far more uses that just 'fighting.'  There are many different styles of competition and recreation that one can undertake using a gun." But check this http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_wit_fir_percap-crime-murders-firearms-per-capita

Jul 8, 2010 at 10:11 AM Post #1,145 of 1,732
Hurrah, we come bottom of that list. But there is someone on the run at the moment in our biggest manhunt ever after he shot and killed one and injured two others. It looks seriously strange armed police officers walking village streets.

On the other hand, knife crime is a problem, particularly with teenage gangs.

Jul 9, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #1,148 of 1,732
I'm not big on hunting or collecting guns, so for me the only reason to carry something is for CCW. Which basically means I hope to god I never have to use the thing.  With that in mind, I think the best ccw weapon on the market right now is the kel-tec P3AT. 6 + 1 of Speer LE Gold Dot 90gr. .380 will stop any reasonable danger in its tracks. The thing is tiny, so it's easy to hide just about anywhere. The P3AT is NOT a pleasant weapon to shoot, it's sort of painful actually, but when needed it's reliable and will do the job. Plus it's pretty cheap.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:02 AM Post #1,149 of 1,732
RuiCanela, the unsaid part of those studies is how many acts of violence are actually prevented with firearms. Quite often, simply displaying a gun causes a criminal to back down. That doesn't show up in statistics. If you ever have the pleasure of visiting an area like South Central Los Angeles (now renamed to the more politically correct "South Los Angeles") the value of a firearm will become apparent. I lived there for four years - a Beretta 92FS was a welcome companion.

Jul 10, 2010 at 2:52 PM Post #1,150 of 1,732

Quote:

Old Pa, what do/did you use for IDPA?

Model 1911 Kimber Super Match from their Custom Shop.  BTW, I know I guy who took a P7 to a shooting school and came back to report it got hotter than Dutch love over the three days of extended shooting.
eek.gif

Jul 15, 2010 at 10:26 PM Post #1,154 of 1,732

Quote:
Any recommendations on a cleaning kit for 9mm.

I would recommend a Hoppe's cleaning kit for 9mm, an old tooth brush and old t-shirt/rag.

I personally buy each item that comes in the kit separately. The cap on the solvent that comes in the kit is too small to dip my tooth brush in. You will need to pour it in the cap to dip the brush. It is much easier (and less messy) dipping the brush in the larger solvent bottle.

I don't recall how many patches are included in the kit but I purchased Hoppe's Gun Cleaning 500 patch pack which should last for awhile. 

I keep everything in tupperware and put it in my range bag.

Jul 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM Post #1,155 of 1,732
i prefer using a glass eyedropper to put the hoppes on my brushes. that way i dont have to worry about spilling it everywhere as i have done on a few occasions. just fill the dropper up and put the top back on the bottle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back