Gun-Fi
May 12, 2008 at 4:54 PM Post #571 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've shot on ranges like that. The Harris, MN range (the only official 1000 yard range in the state) is like that; you have to shut down progressively more ranges to shoot at 600 and then 1000 yards.

Couldn't you tell them to just leave the in between ranges open and you would be REAL careful shooting at 300?
eek.gif
biggrin.gif

I could but I figure I'd be just a little more than a tad disconcerted by the sound of the shot coming overhead from the trap range.

May 12, 2008 at 6:47 PM Post #572 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Born2bwire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I could but I figure I'd be just a little more than a tad disconcerted by the sound of the shot coming overhead from the trap range.

High power shooters have got to learn to deal with pressure.
biggrin.gif

May 15, 2008 at 11:24 PM Post #573 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcurko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am loving this thread. The guns and rifles that some of the members are posting in this thread are stunning. I don't have a rifle of my own but i intend on getting a 308 and a .22 for spot shooting...

I have to wait till 2011 before i can legally purchase a rifle and ammo . Dam australian laws
frown.gif
Got my rifle permit sitting by my side. I do sport shooting at my school with the 22's mainly Also open eyepiece sights not like the proper commando ones which are perfecto and require no skill...
My best score >< 90/100
1000948ld9.jpg

Keep it up guys
PS Do you have any suggestions on what ear muffs and gloves i should get for my sport shooting. I'm currently lying down while shooting and using a strap to support the rifles but the rifle is slipping in the old school gloves.... Ideas?

Wow, thats some good shooting.

May 17, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #574 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
High power shooters have got to learn to deal with pressure.
biggrin.gif

Pressure I can deal with. Sudden introduction of lead poisoning is something I'm still struggling with.

May 28, 2008 at 3:55 PM Post #576 of 1,730
Most towns have ordinances against discharging firearms within city limits. Also, be sure it's safe to shoot in your backyard. A bullet from a handgun will easily travel a mile before falling to the ground.

Two suggestions if you want to buy new.

S&W 10-shot Model 617 in .22
S&W Model 686. This is .357 but shoot some .38 wadcutters

May 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #577 of 1,730
I live on a forty acre farm - with all farm land around - I would also set up some kind of range to shoot at to prevent anything like that. We shoot my dad's rifles and fireworks off pretty regularly. Thanks for the advice, I will look into that.

May 28, 2008 at 4:05 PM Post #578 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by malldian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking to purchase my first handgun - mainly for sport (shooting in my back yard). What should I be looking for?

As had been said, most cities, towns and townships ban the discharge of firearms within their boundaries and many classify airguns as firearms for the purposes of their ordinances. If you can shoot legally where you live, I would suggest a good quality .22LR semiautomatic pistol with at least 6 inches of barrel. You can practice all your skills, ammo is cheap (and not reloadable) and the noise is low if you have any neighbors who might be alramed. In any case, such a .22LR is one of your basic five sporting firearms and you will keep it forever. Mine is an old Belgian Browning Challenger.

Jun 2, 2008 at 10:49 PM Post #580 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by bcurko /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PS Do you have any suggestions on what ear muffs and gloves i should get for my sport shooting. I'm currently lying down while shooting and using a strap to support the rifles but the rifle is slipping in the old school gloves.... Ideas?

Good shooting keep it up! I shot competitive 4-position, small bore in high school and some college. Trying to pick it up again.

Equipment wise I picked up a Kurt Thune glove and an AHG Anshutz jacket from Neal Johnson. I think he is also the outfitter for the US Olympic Shooting team.

Jun 14, 2008 at 11:54 PM Post #581 of 1,730
I've been pretty satisfied with my last audio upgrades, and am content with my new road bike, so I decided to drop some money on hobby #3. First time I've seen a PPS in grey, so I had to get it.

Jun 15, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #582 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by dkjohnso /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've been pretty satisfied with my last audio upgrades, and am content with my new road bike, so I decided to drop some money on hobby #3.

Ditto for my hobby #5.
2579669438_32d4d4ca71_m.jpg

FWB P-70 (Feinwerkbau)

Jun 15, 2008 at 11:16 AM Post #583 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Radagast /img/forum/go_quote.gif

But thats nothing compared to my baby
wink.gif

Pashut Shiryoner? ah? :p
IDF KICKS ASS
cool.gif

Jun 15, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #585 of 1,730
I'm thinking of getting into the hobby. My only concern is that I live in an apartment. Do most complexes have rules against guns?

I'm looking to collect handguns as well as keeping one as a means of home protection. What all do I have to do to own my first? Meanwhile, I'll look up the local gun club.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back