Gun-Fi
Dec 29, 2013 at 5:33 PM Post #1,591 of 1,730

Walther PK380

Is that like a PPK?  
smile.gif

Dec 29, 2013 at 5:56 PM Post #1,592 of 1,730
No, its a bit different than the PPK.  It is a single-stack .380acp.  Fairly slim and light, great for ccw.  It what I carry most days.  .380 gets a bad rap for ccw, but in most situations, I believe it would suffice with some well placed shots.  Of course, I hope to never have to find out...

Dec 30, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #1,593 of 1,730
Walther introduced the PP and the PPK (Pocket Pistol and Pocket Pistol Kurz/Short) in the early 1930s in .22LR and .32ACP; .380ACP, or 9mm Kurz, came later.  Both pistols were single stack double-action with tool-less breakdown.  I have owned Walthers in .380ACP, but, IMHO, that caliber is insufficient for self defense and cannot drive an expanding bullet fast enough to be reliable.  I presently own a Daewoo PP clone in .22LR, which is a very nice gun.  No CCW pistol should be considered reliable unless the operator can reliably place shots.  This is accomplished through regular practice under pressure.  
smile.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 12:47 AM Post #1,594 of 1,730
All I own is a H&R Remington 870 clone tactical pump action (Remington and H&R are owned by the same parent company, and if you order parts for it they come from the Remington factory). For home defense. 00-buck. My roommate's ex is a bit (a lot) crazy. It sure is a fun thing to take to the range. Reminds me I need to buy a batch of target practice rounds for it and go shooting when my son gets back in town. Cheap and reliable. It's kind of the Bravo V1 Tube amp of shot guns.

Dec 31, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #1,595 of 1,730
  All I own is a H&R Remington 870 clone tactical pump action (Remington and H&R are owned by the same parent company, and if you order parts for it they come from the Remington factory). For home defense. 00-buck. My roommate's ex is a bit (a lot) crazy. It sure is a fun thing to take to the range. Reminds me I need to buy a batch of target practice rounds for it and go shooting when my son gets back in town. Cheap and reliable. It's kind of the Bravo V1 Tube amp of shot guns.

Think about #1 buckshot; higher pellet count, not quite so overpenetrative as 00 and it patterns better at "conversational" ranges.  
smile.gif

Dec 31, 2013 at 1:52 PM Post #1,596 of 1,730

Think about #1 buckshot; higher pellet count, not quite so overpenetrative as 00 and it patterns better at "conversational" ranges.  
smile.gif

Yeah all they had was 0 and 00 at the store at the time. And slug, but I'm not using slugs for self-defense. Everything else was birdshot. Birdshot in big giant boxes, so going to the range is pretty affordable and doable.

The guys I work with almost all collect, and my two favorite fun to shoot rifles are polar opposites. A mosin nagant and a PS-90. You can shoot the mosin nagant all afternoon for the cost of one magazine in the ps-90. But the PS-90 is so much fun to plink with.

Dec 31, 2013 at 2:27 PM Post #1,597 of 1,730
  Yeah all they had was 0 and 00 at the store at the time. And slug, but I'm not using slugs for self-defense. Everything else was birdshot. Birdshot in big giant boxes, so going to the range is pretty affordable and doable.

The guys I work with almost all collect, and my two favorite fun to shoot rifles are polar opposites. A mosin nagant and a PS-90. You can shoot the mosin nagant all afternoon for the cost of one magazine in the ps-90. But the PS-90 is so much fun to plink with.

I've always had to look around for 12ga  2 3/4"  #1 buck, but then I stocked up and bought a case about fifteen years ago.  Birdshot ( say #4s) works just fine at ranges where you would be talking without raising your voice.  Just the sound of the cycling of a pump shotgun's action has a calmative effect on most.  The issue with the defensive use of a shotgun is following the Four Rules and not letting your firearm be turned into your suppository.  
smile.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 4:45 PM Post #1,598 of 1,730
  Very cool thread, there are some nice firearms out there.  I won't have any pictures until I return home from my deployment, but I have a ccw and the following:

Walther PK380
Sig P250 compact 9mm
Sig P250 compact .40 S&W
Sig M400 w/ Nikon M-223 2-8x scope
Remington 700 .243
Remington 11-87 12ga

Have also owned, but sold:
Bersa Thunder .380
Glock G23 Gen 3

Mostly daily carry my PK380, with an Microtech Ultratech OTF auto knife.

sig bro!

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,599 of 1,730
First up is my very much loved daily companion the Springfield XD-9 Subcompact.
It has a little work done to it with Tritium/Fiber Optic sights, Springer striker retainer pin, and a Springer striker indicator. I never thought much about XD's until I held this little beauty. I know it's "just" a plastic gun but the trigger feels great to me and the balance is fantastic for a sub compact.

Next up is my Ruger p90. It's certainly not a popular gun by any stretch and most consider it ugly but I honestly find that it is a great gun. It's a MASSIVE pistol, make no mistake but I think this ruger can take a major beating and keep on ticking. It has upgraded grips and I replaced most the springs over the last summer. It shoots well and accurate. Quite a blast to run steel plates with this guy :).

Jan 21, 2014 at 11:40 AM Post #1,600 of 1,730
Finally got it finished...well...almost. Just need to install the gas block and then it's 100%. Just waiting for it to arrive in the mail.

Feb 5, 2014 at 9:53 PM Post #1,601 of 1,730
i had only one gun. it was a beretta 686 silver onyx over & under shotgun with 28 inches barrel. i recently sold it.  i am currently waiting for my new benelli super black eagle semi auto. left handed with 24 inches barrel.  the o&u was a great gun, but it kicked like a mule with 3 inches mag shells.

Feb 24, 2014 at 10:05 PM Post #1,604 of 1,730
Here's a few of mine...

Old Smith&Wesson .38 Special... not mine

oldsw.jpg

My first Ruger...
rgr.jpg

9MM Taurus. Had a lot of use!
9m.jpg

Heckler & Koch USP-40. Got it when they first came out
hk.jpg

Taurus 94 .22
22t.jpg

Smith & Wesson 586 .357
586.jpg

U talkin' to me? Model 27 .357 8 3/8 inch barrel
27.jpg

Group shot of Revolvers
group.jpg

Whole family
family.jpg

Absolutely beautiful pictures of a great collection.

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:30 AM Post #1,605 of 1,730
Love this thread! Headed to the range this morning in fact. I'll post at least one . . . The 1911 is my favorite and this is a Dan Wesson Guardian in 9MM. I've got plenty in .45ACP so this was a must have. Locks up tight, crazy accurate. I've spent many hours competing in IPSC but don't have the time anymore ...enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back