Gun-Fi
Aug 7, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #421 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But look at the gun handling technique: clumsie manipulation, failure to use sights, lack of trigger and fire control. This is just "spray and pray".

well honestly isn't knob creek all about sending a large quanitity of bullets in a generally downrange direction?

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:58 PM Post #423 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
But look at the gun handling technique: clumsie manipulation, failure to use sights, lack of trigger and fire control. This is just "spray and pray".

Not to mention it's a full auto short barrel! I'd say anything over 25 yards he would be lucky to hit his target a few times.

I'd love to go to Knob Creek though... that show they put on at night looks awesome as does the walk through course they have. Saw some great stuff on Mail Call for that place.

I'm thinking about trading in my Desert Eagle and picking up another AR15. The DE is just fun to shoot but not very pratical and since I sold my AR about a year ago I am really missing it. Any suggestions on a nice AR around $1k?

Aug 28, 2007 at 12:47 PM Post #424 of 1,730
This thread seems an appropriate candidate for transfer over to Gear-Fi.
icon10.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #425 of 1,730
should be shipping out today... probably be here by friday

506912.jpg

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:54 PM Post #427 of 1,730
We're Number 1!

In other news, just picked up one of these.

revolutionc3lefthy7.jpg

Notes:

7 round, flush fit Officers magazines suck. Last round feeding gets inconsistent ~ 200 round mark as slide speed slows from powder residue. No issues with Colt 6 rounders.

Sig's Revolution line of 1911s do not fit into standard 1911 holsters very well. The slide has the usual Sig blockiness and is a tight fit.

The thumb safety is very nice. Actuation of the safety has a sharp, solid, audible click. Higher weight than normal though, and wouldn't be surprised if this part didn't interchange with other 1911 parts.

I really like the CCO format.

Aug 29, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #430 of 1,730
we already know i'm trying to make up for some of those people who don't own any guns

Aug 29, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #431 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Love my new Springfield XD 45ACP!
evil_smiley.gif

IMG_6625.jpg

Looks like a Sig & a Glock had relations!!
icon10.gif

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:19 AM Post #432 of 1,730
Necro, a MILSURP colleague.....do you have any Finn M39's?

Aug 29, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #433 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by rincewind /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know the ppl on here are probably 99% responsible etc. No offence intended.

I can appreciate that ppl need guns for two purposes: firing range competition and hunting (tell me if there's some other purpose, self defense doesn't count, because what's the different between if someone kills you or you kill them? Still a gun related death). I reckon for either purpose, the guns would be best kept at some arbitrary (although secure) public place, like a gun owner's depot of some sort, with auditing of time in/time out, and you take the guns when and where needed and it's on record. This kind of warehouse would be best in industrial suburbs etc, not next to townhall :p I think there would be less incidents with kids in homes and crazy idiots taking them to public places with only malicious intent.

You can claim self defense for shooting a bear. We have some nice bears up in the northeast and i would not like to get mauled. And a lot of people are collectors but most people want protection. (Example, someone breaking in to your house) But most people don't really use their weapons, maybe 4 times a year. Its there for an emergency or its there for intimidation. If you have a gun and someone else does each are scared of getting shot by the other so the weapons are not even used. Kinda like the cold war. Just a stand off to intimidated your opponent. A rough percent of the US population kill people with there guns. The thing is America has the most guns per people, so if you give a place like Burma the same percent of guns per people we have i think you would be more scared of them. And there will always be events like Columbine, there are crazy people in the world and one crazy person with a gun shouldn't ruin it for the rest of us.

Guns don't kill people, people don't kill people, heart stoppage do to massive blood loss kills people......

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:25 PM Post #434 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by necropimp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we already know i'm trying to make up for some of those people who don't own any guns

That's my story, too, and I'm stickin' with it.

Marvin: I tried a bunch of the Sig 1911 triggers and was not impressed. Seemed it would take another $100 to make things acceptable. Interesting to hear they goober up within 200 rounds enough to be unreliable on last round feed. This is something I don't usually encounter in 1911s until 800-900 rounds post cleaning.

Aug 29, 2007 at 12:29 PM Post #435 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by applevalleyjoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Necro, a MILSURP colleague.....do you have any Finn M39's?

not in my posession but scroll up and you'll see the one that is on it's way to me right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back