Gun-Fi
Jun 25, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #361 of 1,730
Here is my concealed carry gun

DSC00016.jpg

CZ-75B Stainless in 9mm. I love it. No issues to date either.

DSC00022.jpg

And the "fun gun". Tanfoglio Limited Custom in 10mm. Awesome gun to say the least. It's a IPSC Competition Gun. I've been toying with going to 9x25 but can't find anyone to produce/modify the barrel for me.
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #362 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First, some heavy oil on the rust and then some 0000 steel wool until the rust is gone,

You think Old Pa? Personally I'd go with bronze wool myself, you don't want to knock off any more steel. I've used that on my S&W model 36 and it worked fine though I do admit that patience is a virtue. Of course, as soon as I got the gun gorgeous, my wife gave it away to one of the kids...
biggrin.gif
D'Oh!!!!
eek.gif
Anyway, seems to me that is way too much damage unless he's picking up something like tannic acid, though I wouldn't expect it to show up that evenly distributed.

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:17 AM Post #363 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by gpalmer /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You think Old Pa? Personally I'd go with bronze wool myself, you don't want to knock off any more steel. I've used that on my S&W model 36 and it worked fine though I do admit that patience is a virtue. Of course, as soon as I got the gun gorgeous, my wife gave it away to one of the kids...
biggrin.gif
D'Oh!!!!
eek.gif
Anyway, seems to me that is way too much damage unless he's picking up something like tannic acid, though I wouldn't expect it to show up that evenly distributed.

All I can tell you is that back in the 70s I worked at Eddie Bauer's on Wabash in Chicago before Spiegal bought them and when it was the biggest store in the chain and sold guns. I sold guns there. Abercrombie & Fitch was a block south and was not dressing nymphomanical teenagers at the time and had a gun department and a fulltime gunsmith. Marshall Fields was independent across the street and had a gun department with fulltime gunsmith. Anyway, I was shocked, humiliated and ashamed when my 1973 Hi-Power showed some rust at the front of the slide. So I took it around to the old German/Austrian gunsmith at A&F and he told me what I just told you about the 0000 steel wool and the heavy 30SAE weight oil. Worked like a charm. You need enough oil so there's no chance of steel cutting steel and that's why the automotive engine oil is preferred. Trains are bad may have to wrap his abrasive around a pencil or something to clean off some of those contours, but that will give him a chance to think of a way to keep the gun away from his donkey sweat.
eek.gif
That must be some pretty nasty sweat.
biggrin.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 12:34 AM Post #364 of 1,730
I have some old rifles and shotguns, one is an old Winchester and the other was a custom shotgun that was my grandmother used for hunting. I wish I had some pictures, I don't have them in my current place. I don't have any new guns though, I have them for nostalgic purposes, a new firearm seems rather pointless to me unless I were to go hunting. In which case I would use one of the antique rifles which have been kept in great condition and still fire without problem. I will see if I can find a picture of them.

Jun 26, 2007 at 6:35 PM Post #366 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Pa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
All I can tell you is that back in the 70s I worked at Eddie Bauer's on Wabash in Chicago before Spiegal bought them and when it was the biggest store in the chain and sold guns. I sold guns there. Abercrombie & Fitch was a block south and was not dressing nymphomanical teenagers at the time and had a gun department and a fulltime gunsmith. Marshall Fields was independent across the street and had a gun department with fulltime gunsmith. Anyway, I was shocked, humiliated and ashamed when my 1973 Hi-Power showed some rust at the front of the slide. So I took it around to the old German/Austrian gunsmith at A&F and he told me what I just told you about the 0000 steel wool and the heavy 30SAE weight oil. Worked like a charm. You need enough oil so there's no chance of steel cutting steel and that's why the automotive engine oil is preferred. Trains are bad may have to wrap his abrasive around a pencil or something to clean off some of those contours, but that will give him a chance to think of a way to keep the gun away from his donkey sweat.
eek.gif
That must be some pretty nasty sweat.
biggrin.gif

Department stores used to be a lot more interesting.

Jun 26, 2007 at 7:39 PM Post #367 of 1,730
Anybody into Glocks? I bought a 9mm, .40, and a .45, all with the cool night lasers from a guy hurting for money. I thought they were ugly at first, but I have come to like them.

I may also be selliing a very expensiver 300 Holland & Holland magnum on my next trip home this fall to fund more audio gear. Let me know if anyone is interested!

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #371 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by randerson3024 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anybody into Glocks? I bought a 9mm, .40, and a .45, all with the cool night lasers from a guy hurting for money. I thought they were ugly at first, but I have come to like them.

I like the 19 and 23 a lot. Pluses, they go bang when they should and don't when they shouldn't. Negatives, well, in my hands they aren't as accurate as a number of other guns. Which ones do you have?

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:43 PM Post #374 of 1,730
Quote:

Originally Posted by rreynol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ordered one of these earlier this week. Can't wait to take delivery of it.

Very nice, I've been drooling over those lately. Much as I love the grip though, the reduced capacity makes me a bit apprehensive expecially since I like 40 S&W better than 9mm.

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:17 PM Post #375 of 1,730
Quote:

Old Pa Quote:
I've seen that type of still and video. I decided specifically not to even attempt do that either for myself or to post. I hope I don't sound too snooty, but I actually respect all my hunting quarries and highlighting the terminal effects of modern polymer tipped varmint bullets would not (to me) demonstrate the respect I feel. Furthermore, there were many other aspects of the trip I was able to image and write about that were of a more universal aesthetic to share. Finally, I don't need my butt (rightfully) banned from around here again.

Very well said Old Pa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back