Guitar->XXX->Er-6i, What do I need?
May 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #2 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nolocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So I have a noisy roommate which makes it hard to focus on practicing playing guitar. So, I either move out and burn an extra 600 dollars a month or I find something that I can plug my guitar and Er-6i in to. Preferably I would like to use an Er-6i because I find they block out almost everything externally, never tried some of the sealed headphones though...

I'm thinking I'll need something designed for ear buds as my Er-6i's are already loud at the lowest volume setting for my MP3 and laptop, if I were to put these into a guitar amp I'd probably blow my eardrums out...

Anyways, hopefully someone can help me out here.

turn the volume down on your guitar + amp and just plug it in to your amp then turn it up slowly?

May 16, 2009 at 4:57 AM Post #3 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
turn the volume down on your guitar + amp and just plug it in to your amp then turn it up slowly?

yeah, but there's a chance I accidentally strike my volume knob or hit some feedback and the volume goes up 10X and I'm somewhat deaf.

May 16, 2009 at 5:11 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by nolocus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeah, but there's a chance I accidentally strike my volume knob or hit some feedback and the volume goes up 10X and I'm somewhat deaf.

turn your guitar all the way up and the amp as far down as u can and walk away?

May 16, 2009 at 5:21 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by CDBacklash /img/forum/go_quote.gif
turn your guitar all the way up and the amp as far down as u can and walk away?

Yeah, that might work, still kind of risky though. I'm looking for some kind of interface though. Perhaps Guitar->Amp->Computer->USB/Headphone Out->Er-6i.

Still not really sure what I need though. Maybe I'll just browse harmony central for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back