Guitar-fi anyone?
Jul 5, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #303 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by kingkevo25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Got mine from here:
ƒGƒŒƒLƒMƒ^[/Fender JapanyƒCƒVƒoƒVŠyŠí WEB SHOPz ŠyŠí’Ê”Ìê–å“X
They ship/sell internationally, just contact them over email.

awesome
thanks, mate!
beerchug.gif

Jul 20, 2009 at 12:04 PM Post #307 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Anyone used a Weber MiniMass? I'm thinking about getting one for my Valve Junior. 5W doesn't seem like much but it's still way too loud to play in an apartment and expect tube clipping.

If you do get one, tell me how it is. I know exactly how loud the valve junior is in my bedroom - definitely could use an attenuator.

Jul 20, 2009 at 10:58 PM Post #308 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you do get one, tell me how it is. I know exactly how loud the valve junior is in my bedroom - definitely could use an attenuator.

I actually placed an order for the 25W MiniMass w/ headphone jack last week. I will definitely post on here when I receive it and get a chance to mess around with it!

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:43 PM Post #309 of 833
Well, I got my MiniMass the other day. It does a great job of attenuating the power and I can turn my amp way up to get some nice overdriven tones. On the negative side, my amp doesn't have an EQ and even though the MiniMass has a treble boost, it's not adequate. When highly attenuated my amp sounds too dark. Oh well, time to invest in a true bypass EQ pedal, my Boss GE-7 was pretty bad.

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:32 AM Post #310 of 833
Do you guys have any recommendations for a warm, resonant sounding acoustic guitar under $1500? Something good for rhythm work and beatles/folk-influenced songs?

I'm going to start saving up for a guitar after I finish buying my audio rig, so I'm curious to hear the opinion of some head-fi members
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 5:42 AM Post #311 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by jawang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you guys have any recommendations for a warm, resonant sounding acoustic guitar under $1500? Something good for rhythm work and beatles/folk-influenced songs?

I'm going to start saving up for a guitar after I finish buying my audio rig, so I'm curious to hear the opinion of some head-fi members
smily_headphones1.gif

Only you can decide whether sounds what you want it to be (in bolded text). Even guitar strings can change the sound of a guitar. What we can do however would be recommending you companies which make quality acoustic guitars.

Taylor
Maton
Cole Clark
Martin
Rainsong

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:26 PM Post #312 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only you can decide whether sounds what you want it to be <snip>

x2

Just go to a shop and try 30 or more guitars. It's really the only way to get what you want.

Aug 6, 2009 at 3:35 PM Post #313 of 833
My Martin 175th Anniversary America's Guitar, no. 25/175. It has Madagascar sides and bottom, Adirondack top and Koa binding. I love how it feels and sounds. It even smells sweet. I am now an official sound-hole sniffer
biggrin.gif

Photobucket Martin Album

175th_7_2.jpg

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #314 of 833
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZephyrSapphire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Only you can decide whether sounds what you want it to be (in bolded text). Even guitar strings can change the sound of a guitar. What we can do however would be recommending you companies which make quality acoustic guitars.

Taylor
Maton
Cole Clark
Martin
Rainsong

x2. The guage of strings you use and the action will all affect the sound. New strings also sound brighter and will mellow as they get used. Stores normally dont have good strings on the guitars so they dont always sound their best when you try them out.

Other good acoustic guitar brands to consider are Guild, L'arrivee, Seagull and Takamine.

I have played quite a lot on a friends entry level Taylor and have been very impressed with the comfortable neck and the sound projection and sustain. A very nice guitar for the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back