Guitar-fi anyone?
May 15, 2018 at 11:20 AM Post #781 of 833
I had a NGD earlier this month.
IbbySlice.jpg

An Ibanez JSM10 John Scofield signature semi-hollow. I have wanted one since the 80s, and just pulled the trigger on this reissue of a 1982 AS200. I had the pickguard and truss rod cover off because I was inspecting the guitar and making adjustments to the truss rod to compensate for the climate difference after shipping.

I have only played two guitars with similar ease of playability, both from the 70s: a Nippon Gakki (Yamaha) ES175 copy, and an Ibanez Custom Agent.

I guess this is Chi-Fi Guitar-Fi, since this one is made in China.

May 15, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #782 of 833
I had a NGD earlier this month.
An Ibanez JSM10 John Scofield signature semi-hollow. I have wanted one since the 80s, and just pulled the trigger on this reissue of a 1982 AS200. I had the pickguard and truss rod cover off because I was inspecting the guitar and making adjustments to the truss rod to compensate for the climate difference after shipping.

I have only played two guitars with similar ease of playability, both from the 70s: a Nippon Gakki (Yamaha) ES175 copy, and an Ibanez Custom Agent.

I guess this is Chi-Fi Guitar-Fi, since this one is made in China.
So much can be said about guitar neck dimensions. It’s a mix of so many factors, neck thickness, shape, how wide the nut is, the radius choice and fret work done at the end. It’s the style of frets and action, if that’s the action we are used to or physically fits us. And.....it goes on and on....string spacing, type of strings.

And finally finding that mix. It may even be in some guitar we didn’t even expect it to be right in.

May 15, 2018 at 2:44 PM Post #783 of 833
So much can be said about guitar neck dimensions. It’s a mix of so many factors, neck thickness, shape, how wide the nut is, the radius choice and fret work done at the end. It’s the style of frets and action, if that’s the action we are used to or physically fits us. And.....it goes on and on....string spacing, type of strings.

And finally finding that mix. It may even be in some guitar we didn’t even expect it to be right in.
I like having a bit more room between strings so that I don't accidentally mute open strings I want to ring out.

I'm pretty sure this would be an end-game guitar if I believed such a thing existed. I subscribe to the X + 1 formula for the perfect number of guitars, where X represents my current number of guitars...

Edit- Wrong formula, lol.

May 15, 2018 at 2:53 PM Post #784 of 833
There are tendencies too to have guitars worked on. But the risk is that at times it’s better to leave well enough alone. Lol

May 16, 2018 at 11:32 AM Post #786 of 833
Can anyone help identify this guitar?

B9wB32Th.jpg
Looks to be a Fender (or Squier) Stratocaster, but I am unsure of the specific model or country of origin.
Do you know the name of the artist? That might help narrow down the specifics...

May 16, 2018 at 7:52 PM Post #787 of 833
Looks to be a Fender (or Squier) Stratocaster, but I am unsure of the specific model or country of origin.
Do you know the name of the artist? That might help narrow down the specifics...

Looks like Ben Harper to me...though I cannot confirm that...definitely looks like a Strat to me...

May 22, 2018 at 10:55 AM Post #788 of 833

This guitar only has the small tone bar x-brace under the bridge, no brace on back. The pick-up is only attached to the neck. The neck is laughably almost heavier than the body, which is a surprise when lifting it up.

Going against all tradition, I had this made with cherry back and sides and mahogany tone board, it maybe would have had a brighter sound with a spruce or maple top, though this guitar is not dull/muddy in any way. It actually came out mid-centric and missing much of that early L5-L7 grunt and treble fuzz. It sounds best going though a digital reverb, getting me the 1950s-1960s space tone I was looking for. While not perfect, it's my daily player simply due to ease of use and size. But maybe the best part is the fact that it inspires me to write songs.......somehow songs flow out of it? I could get a smidge more bass going to thicker strings, but due to the build it will rest with .011 acoustic strings it's whole life.

Stunningly beautiful...

May 26, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #789 of 833
8E33BB9B-4ABC-49FA-A734-57963F6A216C.jpeg
35E4F810-06A0-4BE1-A520-F3D61BDBB623.jpeg
Martin 00-16DBM
A very low-key kind of sleeper. She awoke with medium strings and keeps up now.......glad I never sold her.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 8:12 PM Post #793 of 833
My stuff. I'm a rank beginner, so right now I can only play some basic chords and vague-ishly musical sounding squanks!

Ibanez RGAR42MFMT

27858118517_6844d96f7b_k.jpg

Sano 16WR

42743378731_3cf8409000_o.jpg

Fender Vibro Champ XD

42009185214_c1ee5dfdf6_k.jpg

Aug 16, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #794 of 833
Had a new guitar day on last saturday:

Nazangi Stromgitarren - "Lou" Cyfra

2n9m0bd.jpg

2mg01vb.jpg

2agkcoo.jpg

vctger.jpg

24on4ub.jpg

4vnwn9.jpg

vcs2kg.jpg

Nazangi Stromgitarren is a german luthier/custom shop and as a fan of Mosrite style guitars, this thing is cool as fxxx :)
The pickups are made by myself, the body is made of ash, the neck is made of maple with a maple fretboard. I totally adore this thing!

Aug 16, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #795 of 833
Had a new guitar day on last saturday:

Nazangi Stromgitarren - "Lou" Cyfra

2n9m0bd.jpg

2mg01vb.jpg

2agkcoo.jpg

vctger.jpg

24on4ub.jpg

4vnwn9.jpg

vcs2kg.jpg

Nazangi Stromgitarren is a german luthier/custom shop and as a fan of Mosrite style guitars, this thing is cool as fxxx :)
The pickups are made by myself, the body is made of ash, the neck is made of maple with a maple fretboard. I totally adore this thing!

Amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back