Guitar Centre Stock.
Aug 24, 2006 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Mortalcoil

1000+ Head-Fier
Just wondering if anyone would know if Guitar Centre generally keeps an adequate stock on hand.?Nothing worse than a place that carries one of this ,two of that,just sold my last one ,shipment in two weeks kind of scenario.

Aug 24, 2006 at 4:29 AM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mortalcoil
Just wondering if anyone would know if Guitar Centre generally keeps an adequate stock on hand.?Nothing worse than a place that carries one of this ,two of that,just sold my last one ,shipment in two weeks kind of scenario.

Stock of what?

-Angler
etysmile.gif

(Please don't answer guitars...)

Aug 24, 2006 at 4:35 AM Post #3 of 8
I would assume HPs, and if so then my local one has a decnet suppoly of cans. However,you cant actually listen to any decent level becuase they have them all wired in and wont let you use your source, atleast this was my experiance.
-greg

Aug 24, 2006 at 4:36 AM Post #4 of 8
tongue.gif
hmmm....I was tempted to say Gibson products.Headphones maybe?

Aug 24, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #5 of 8
My local one for sure carries Super.fi 5pros and several AKG products. They had them located in 2 seperate places in the store. I also saw BeyerDynamics but I am not sure on all of the models. It just opened like a week or 2 ago and I stopped in real quick to see what all the scuttle was about. I didn't have time to look at any one thing very closely.

Aug 24, 2006 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 8
Usually they carry the DT770-80, which is really the best deal there as you can normally talk them under $170 for it. I've gotten two pairs for $150 there. I think that can's been discontinued though, so you might not be able to find it anymore. Why not call to check?

The one on 14th street in NY always has a nice full wall of various headphones though: notables being the full line of Ultrasones, Sony V-6s, and LOTS of AKGs. I know they've got a few IEMs, but I can't recall which brands...

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:26 PM Post #7 of 8
Thanks guys.Really interested in their AT line,W1000 to be exact.By the way has anyone seen the 701 at GC?

Aug 24, 2006 at 2:28 PM Post #8 of 8
I went to a grand opening of one about an hour away and the only familiar cans I saw were HD280s, marked something like $125. My local Guitar Center is not on my list of places to go for headphones
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back