Guides for setting up audio in Windows for USB Dac/Amps?
Dec 3, 2013 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

NatureValley

New Head-Fier
I own a pair of DT770's and have a Fiio E17 coming, and I was wondering if there were any guides out there that discussed the best efficient way to directly push digital signal to the USB DAC without any interference from your sound card, sound driver, or other unnecessary computer peripherals. I plan on using foobar2000, and I am partially aware of WASAPI and ASIO (but not entirely sure how they work in accordance with foobar2k) but I would also like to implement sound from Chrome and possibly Spotify into this "direct feed" process. Also are there any preventative measures I should take to reduce signal interference (buzzing, hissing, floor noise, etc..)?

This sounds (pun dohohoho) like a lot to ask for but I would really appreciate it so I don't end up feeling like I made a worthless first investment into the world of USB DAC/Amps (I actually just started taking head-fi and computer audio seriously, the DT770's are my first pair of decent value headphones and I've only had them for about a week haha).

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #2 of 2
  I own a pair of DT770's and have a Fiio E17 coming, and I was wondering if there were any guides out there that discussed the best efficient way to directly push digital signal to the USB DAC without any interference from your sound card, sound driver, or other unnecessary computer peripherals. I plan on using Foobar2000, and I am partially aware of WASAPI and ASIO (but not entirely sure how they work in accordance with Foobar2k) but I would also like to implement sound from Chrome and possibly Spotify into this "direct feed" process. Also are there any preventative measures I should take to reduce signal interference (buzzing, hissing, floor noise, etc..)?

This sounds (pun dohohoho) like a lot to ask for but I would really appreciate it so I don't end up feeling like I made a worthless first investment into the world of USB DAC/Amps (I actually just started taking head-fi and computer audio seriously, the DT770's are my first pair of decent value headphones and I've only had them for about a week haha).

Connecting the E17 to the computer using USB is fine for music or listening to any 2-channel source.
Connecting the E17 to the computer using S/PDIF (optical or coaxial), will allow you to use the features of the computer's built in (on-board) audio.
Foobar2000 can work with USB, optical or coaxial outputs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back