Guelph Ontario Canada Mini Meet Sept 19th 2009
Sep 23, 2009 at 8:54 PM Post #16 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by Canuck57 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you get a chance to listen to my SR3new/SRD5 at the meet?

Sure did - between yours and the other setup, I was convinced to start on the electrostatic road. Have you heard of my purchased setup? And what do you use to switch between headphone amp and speaker amp so that I don't have to keep disconnecting one or the other?
Currently listening to these out of a Technics Quartz SA-410 receiver - and like WOW! - amazing and different Stax sound - more like the best of Grado and Stax combined.

Sep 25, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #17 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure did - between yours and the other setup, I was convinced to start on the electrostatic road. Have you heard of my purchased setup? And what do you use to switch between headphone amp and speaker amp so that I don't have to keep disconnecting one or the other?
Currently listening to these out of a Technics Quartz SA-410 receiver - and like WOW! - amazing and different Stax sound - more like the best of Grado and Stax combined.

There should be a switch on the front of the SRD-6 to switch between ES (ear speakers) SP (speakers). The speaker wire should go from the receiver/amplifier speaker terminals to the adapter, then out from the adapter to your speakers. Fyi for left (blue is - and white is +) and for right (black is - and red is +).

I haven't heard the SR5 headphone, but I'm guessing their sound signature is similar to the SR3new. I like that because an adapter/energizer is used, one can tailor the sound using the tone controls on the receiver/amplifier driving them.

beerchug.gif

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #20 of 23
Fall has set in - still enjoying and trying out some of the new flavours introduced at Brians - now looking for a normal bias Stax Lambda. Sure hope we can get another meet together in the new year - all my best to all fellow Guelph Head-Fi meeters.

Oct 20, 2009 at 4:49 AM Post #21 of 23
I'm hoping to host a meet myself
biggrin.gif
Probably later into this year or early 2010.

Nov 2, 2009 at 1:43 PM Post #22 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

That would be great, looking forward to it!
darthsmile.gif

Nov 23, 2009 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 23
I'm getting excited - lets hope you can get something together - look forward to picking up where we all left off last time.
Keep me posted.
Bryan (charliex)

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkaroo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back