GT-R PROTO
Oct 19, 2005 at 4:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Lil_JV

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone else eagerly awaiting THIS?. Trying to convince my dad to get one of these when/if they come out. I'm hoping for a V6(or a less likely V8. ala Top Secret) twin turbo. I'm thinking at least 350bhp.

So who else is waiting for this?

JV.

Oct 19, 2005 at 5:10 AM Post #2 of 16
wow, that's pretty exagerrated...nice though...do you think that it will look like that when they actually unveil it? I went to the Detroit auto show when the new mustang was unveiled and it looks markedly different from what actually came out of production...

Oct 19, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #4 of 16
I still like the R-33 V-spec best... R32 if you want horsepower to weight ratio.

I saw concept sketches of those headlapms a few years ago... still dont really care for them.

But what the heck do I know... I drive a mini van with diapers and baby wipe boxes in the back. All my fun $$$ goes into headfi. I envy anyone with the kind of lifestyle & finances necessary for a skyline.

Garrett

Oct 19, 2005 at 10:35 AM Post #5 of 16
It looks pretty sweet, but I can't help but think they lifted a few front design cues from the Mazdaspeed FD3S RX-7, around 2001-2002. They look similar but it's a damn beauty. Now only if the Skyline finally comes to the 'States with a Nissan 5.6L V8 or a reworked I6 (around 3.0-3.5L) with twin turbos, that would so rule
biggrin.gif

580smile.gif
Abe

Oct 19, 2005 at 10:59 AM Post #6 of 16
The R-34 is still my favorite Skyline... unless you decide to include the newest version [the Americanized G35 is called the Nissan Skyline in Japan], which is one of my all time favorite cars.

These are interesting pictures, but they've been on the net for a few years now. I have an entire folder of them on my old rig, same paint job and the like, but not so many airfoils and added body pieces on the front half. I'll plug it in and boot it up if you really want to see them.

Still looks mighty fine though
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 9:21 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by kramer5150
I still like the R-33 V-spec best... R32 if you want horsepower to weight ratio.

I saw concept sketches of those headlapms a few years ago... still dont really care for them.

But what the heck do I know... I drive a mini van with diapers and baby wipe boxes in the back. All my fun $$$ goes into headfi. I envy anyone with the kind of lifestyle & finances necessary for a skyline.

Garrett

Not a ton of money required here in Canada. A nice R32 GT-R is about 25000CAD and a nice GTS-T is about 13000CAD. My brother has a GTS-T and I am thinking about getting one as well. The 240sx is gutless... unless I go turbo. Mmmm 2.4L I4 Turbo...

The countdown is over now, so I am assuming they unveiled it in Tokyo. Now I just need to find some real pics.

JV.

Oct 19, 2005 at 9:32 PM Post #8 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil_JV
Not a ton of money required here in Canada. A nice R32 GT-R is about 25000CAD and a nice GTS-T is about 13000CAD. My brother has a GTS-T and I am thinking about getting one as well. The 240sx is gutless... unless I go turbo. Mmmm 2.4L I4 Turbo...

The countdown is over now, so I am assuming they unveiled it in Tokyo. Now I just need to find some real pics.

JV.

I see most people with GT-R bodykits on GTS-Ts, they're pretty cool looking stock or with the bodykit. If you don't want the ATTESSA or the other rear wheel turny thing, a GTS-T with a better turbo and intercooler makes a cool rear wheel drive car.

A KA24DE with a turbo is fine, that is, if you don't care about anything more than 300-350 hp. I'm personally fine with that, streetability with a car is nice to have
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2005 at 9:47 PM Post #9 of 16
it's gonna be badged an infiniti most likely, hope they went with the q45 derived engine... tuners will go crazy with that thing.

I want this thing to be nice and expensive also, so kids can't rice them out and make them look foolish (like some cars). I hope they are 60 grand+, exclusive, and perform. I've been watching this car for over 4 years since the spy photos showed up on freshalloy. BTW 350 is an understatement me thinks, the newer VQ35's are sporting 295 factory rating at the crank in the G's., and im hoping the 350 is not BHP, and is actually rwhp ; ).

Oct 21, 2005 at 12:50 PM Post #10 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Homeless
wow, that's pretty exagerrated...nice though...do you think that it will look like that when they actually unveil it? I went to the Detroit auto show when the new mustang was unveiled and it looks markedly different from what actually came out of production...

One thing for sure is that the design cue you see at Tokyo Motor Show will carry onto the production car. Nowdays the concept cars are merely pre-production cars, not dream cars nor out-of-this-world kind of cars. This procedure has been the trend for every auto manufacturers due to cost saving in time and money. For this reason you see many cars have many different concept versions over the years. Prime example would be the beetle, mini, rx8, skyline gtr, etc.

Yes I hope the GTR will come in 4.5 V8, but crazy souped up bumping upto 400-450 hp in mind. Price point should really target where C6 and Shelby Mustang which would be right around US$ 50K. The GTR really is a Japanese muscle car therefore this new one should reflect its true heritage and character. My fav GTR would be R32. I know which car I'm aiming for my next ride...

Oct 21, 2005 at 3:37 PM Post #11 of 16
Japanese supercars are fun to contemplate since few of them get over here in their pure form. I'm still waiting on my 2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type-A! There is a 15-year waiting period for foreign cars in Canada.

Oct 22, 2005 at 4:17 PM Post #14 of 16
BigD, those are similar to the ones I was talking about that I got from a while back, except mine are like an actual photo shoot instead of something on display at a car show.

A sick car, but the R34 my favorite Skyline still.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back