GS Audio Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #991 of 1,414
That is why I bought my SD9, which will soon be in tgx78's hand. The GD5 looks like it's very well tuned as well.

Edit: replied to the wrong post, but we will have tgx78's graph of my SD9. Meant to reply to #979. Same same.
sd9.jpg

I just got home and measured @Rush87 's SD9. I will listen to it tomorrow as my hearing is very tired from work today.

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:55 PM Post #992 of 1,414
sd9.jpg
I just got home and measured @Rush87 's SD9. I will listen to it tomorrow as my hearing is very tired from work today.
Looks bright with more significant pinna gain compared to most of their sets. I'd probably have to tip roll to something that would pull down that treble.

Nov 3, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #994 of 1,414
Screenshot_20211103-110408_(1).png

250 usd, launch in 2-3 days. New Knowles 31 series is a driver done in cooperation with Knowles themselves. So not an off-the-shelf driver.

Looks epic to me.

Nov 3, 2021 at 8:45 AM Post #998 of 1,414
Nov 3, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,000 of 1,414
Looks bright with more significant pinna gain compared to most of their sets. I'd probably have to tip roll to something that would pull down that treble.
Had a brief listen this morning, and yes SD9 sounded brighter than other GS Audio IEMs in my possession, but the technicalities especially treble extension was really impressive. Great soundstage depth. Upper treble totally devoid of any harshness and extend like crazy. For my old ear, this might be tuned optimally if the pinna gain was a wee bit lower.

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #1,002 of 1,414
Thats a nice looking graph, though I do wish it had a slight mid bass focus to make things warm
It does look warm, the mid-bass on that one looks very similar to the GD3A and it has less treble, its definitely on the warmer side.

Nov 3, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #1,003 of 1,414
It does look warm, the mid-bass on that one looks very similar to the GD3A and it has less treble, its definitely on the warmer side.
It definitely does look reference with sub-bass gain. Should be a great set for the vinyl and tube amp lovers out there.

Nov 4, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #1,004 of 1,414
It definitely does look reference with sub-bass gain. Should be a great set for the vinyl and tube amp lovers out there.
GT12x coming for christmas. :joy:

Nov 4, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #1,005 of 1,414
Had a brief listen this morning, and yes SD9 sounded brighter than other GS Audio IEMs in my possession, but the technicalities especially treble extension was really impressive. Great soundstage depth. Upper treble totally devoid of any harshness and extend like crazy. For my old ear, this might be tuned optimally if the pinna gain was a wee bit lower.
I was surprised to see such a high pinna gain as the graph published by GS Audio is closer to SE11.
But at the same time, I wasn't surprised as I often find the SD9 to be pretty intense.
The upper treble is indeed great. I wanted good treble extension with the SD9 and it does deliver.

I'm curious to read your opinion on BA vs EST treble with those two sets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back