GS Audio Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #976 of 1,414
I would like to see the gd7b graphed against more stuff or on a squig. It's the most interesting to me value wise cause it uses all sonion and Knowles drivers. Also still semi interested in the gt12x but that isn't out yet and will be more expensive

Nov 2, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #978 of 1,414
I would like to see the gd7b graphed against more stuff or on a squig. It's the most interesting to me value wise cause it uses all sonion and Knowles drivers. Also still semi interested in the gt12x but that isn't out yet and will be more expensive
Nvm found their graphs on their insta, gd7b looks wayy too flat, it's very close to the gd11.
Do we have graph from any of their SD series?
Yeah, look on their Facebook or insta. Idk if it's been squigged yet but they have graphs. Here's the insta post you're looking for https://www.instagram.com/p/CSaynW0JX5M/?utm_medium=copy_link

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:16 AM Post #980 of 1,414
All their tunings seem a bit off to me, SD5 and SD9 seem only with decent tuning
I thought the same when looks at the SD graphs. The sd3 and sd11 graphs look okayish. The sd7 looks the most off. I've looked at most of their graphs and their higher driver count gd series looked the most off to me. They're just super flat.

The gt8, gt10, and gt12 graphs look good to me though. The st2, st4, st5, and st6a graphs look decent to me too. Gd3a and gd5 we've mostly established have a good tuning and graphs already. I haven't really paid any attention to the SE graphs but from what I remember most of them looked alright, better than some of their weirder looking graphs at least.

I'm stuck between just getting the st5 or just waiting for the gt12x.

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #981 of 1,414
I thought the same when looks at the SD graphs. The sd3 and sd11 graphs look okayish. The sd7 looks the most off. I've looked at most of their graphs and their higher driver count gd series looked the most off to me. They're just super flat.

The gt8, gt10, and gt12 graphs look good to me though. The st2, st4, st5, and st6a graphs look decent to me too. Gd3a and gd5 we've mostly established have a good tuning and graphs already. I haven't really paid any attention to the SE graphs but from what I remember most of them looked alright, better than some of their weirder looking graphs at least.

I'm stuck between just getting the st5 or just waiting for the gt12x.
Yeah, I don't understand what's up with flat tunings. I mean, I don't know for which genres would that be suitable.

GT12 and ST8B look great imo

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:29 AM Post #982 of 1,414
Yeah, I don't understand what's up with flat tunings. I mean, I don't know for which genres would that be suitable.

GT12 and ST8B look great imo
I thought the st8b had a good graph too but it's way out of my budget. I'm wondering how the gt12 sounds, looks like a nice male vocal focused tuning without being forward but like it might lack some soundstage, I wonder if having 12 drivers will compensate for that. On the other hand, someone in the diy iem thread talked about buying both knowles and bellsing drivers to experiment with them, he said the bellsing drivers had a more narrow stage and didn't sound as good. Granted he didn't compare twfk drivers, they were a different series. A few of the ppl in that same thread the Knowles and bellsing twfk drivers are pretty close. Too bad only vortex has reviewed the gt12, I wanted more opinions.

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #983 of 1,414
I thought the st8b had a good graph too but it's way out of my budget. I'm wondering how the gt12 sounds, looks like a nice male vocal focused tuning without being forward but like it might lack some soundstage, I wonder if having 12 drivers will compensate for that. On the other hand, someone in the diy iem thread talked about buying both knowles and bellsing drivers to experiment with them, he said the bellsing drivers had a more narrow stage and didn't sound as good. Granted he didn't compare twfk drivers, they were a different series. A few of the ppl in that same thread the Knowles and bellsing twfk drivers are pretty close. Too bad only vortex has reviewed the gt12, I wanted more opinions.
I think @tgx78 has GT12, perhaps he can share some impressions with us

Nov 2, 2021 at 11:54 AM Post #984 of 1,414
I think @tgx78 has GT12, perhaps he can share some impressions with us
Here you go, he gave a brief and short impressions, this is what made me interested in the gt12 in the first place, I like a nice musical and analog sound, not a fan of thin, analytical, clinical, metallic or bright sounding iems.
EC7D4935-06E7-494D-9D8D-5C39D30998CE.jpeg
GT12 just arrived.
Very analogue and musical sound compared to the other GS Audios (SE12, SE11 and GD3A). :)

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #985 of 1,414
I don't usually do reviews but back on page 12 I've got some of impressions on it. It might not but much but you can always ask for some comparisons. I might even do a small review of it, but I need some time for that.

Nov 2, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #986 of 1,414
I don't usually do reviews but back on page 12 I've got some of impressions on it. It might not but much but you can always ask for some comparisons. I might even do a small review of it, but I need some time for that.
Could you do one to the starfields? Those are my favorite iems. saw your brief comparison, would like to hear your more in-depth thoughts.

Nov 2, 2021 at 3:11 PM Post #989 of 1,414
Do we have graph from any of their SD series?
That is why I bought my SD9, which will soon be in tgx78's hand. The GD5 looks like it's very well tuned as well.

Edit: replied to the wrong post, but we will have tgx78's graph of my SD9. Meant to reply to #979. Same same.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back