Grover Cables 2007 - Grover S
Mar 17, 2007 at 1:33 AM Post #92 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by CRESCENDOPOWER /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL, not in my system.

Exactly, so why do you state it as fact? Why not say "TO MY EARS (emphasis on "my"), and on MY system, the grover S cables sounds better than all of these cables"

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #93 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by gotchaforce /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry but these claims are false.

One's subjective opinion isn't necessarily true or false... It's just a "matter of opinion" which is not capable of being "proven" either way.

I sold my Cardas Neutral References because the Grover UR8s were superior in my rig.

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:38 AM Post #94 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
One's subjective opinion isn't necessarily true or false... It's just a "matter of opinion" which is not capable of being "proven" either way.

I sold my Cardas Neutral References because the Grover UR8s were superior in my rig.

Yes, exactly! One's opinion can be just that, but the problem is you guys are throwing around words that state these opinions as facts. This would be equivalent to me saying "Grover cables sound good on monday, tuesday, and friday, any other day and it will sound worse than stuff you can buy at radioshack" (of course this is a fake statement though, i do not want anyone quoting me on this haha).

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #95 of 114
Quote:

Exactly, so why do you state it as fact? Why not say "TO MY EARS (emphasis on "my"), and on MY system, the grover S cables sounds better than all of these cables"

You are correct, I should of said, "In my system, and to my ears." And, I do believe that the Grover S is not the answer for every system.

Mar 17, 2007 at 1:52 AM Post #96 of 114
Quote:

Yes, exactly! One's opinion can be just that, but the problem is you guys are throwing around words that state these opinions as facts. This would be equivalent to me saying "Grover cables sound good on monday, tuesday, and friday, any other day and it will sound worse than stuff you can buy at radioshack" (of course this is a fake statement though, i do not want anyone quoting me on this haha).

Hair splitting....

You aren't giving people enough due! I believe most have the same ability as you to process and filter information. If someone doesn't realize some of these unqualified words/statements (posts, threads, reviews, whatever) are "opinions" someone always having to preface it with my ear, rig, etc isn't going to make a difference (IMO
wink.gif
).

Mar 18, 2007 at 1:34 AM Post #98 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by 909 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious as to where we are in the current S evolution
confused.gif

My do look similar, but pics can be deceiving...

I believe I got the original S and then exchanged those for the second incarnation, which I like a great deal more.
icon10.gif

There's a new "S"?

Mar 18, 2007 at 1:36 PM Post #100 of 114
It's hard to keep up, but, yes, there are indeed at least 2 versions of the 'S' IC.
very_evil_smiley.gif
After getting 3 of these in early December, I had Grover give them his latest tweak last month (this was out of drivenness, not dissatisfaction). I've had these for two and a half weeks now, and love them!
biggrin.gif

Mar 18, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #101 of 114
any one having experience with Grover spkr cable?
Any comparisons done?

Mar 18, 2007 at 6:45 PM Post #102 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any comparisons done?

Did you see 1st post with photo?

They are excellent like the ICs, perhaps even stronger vs competition on a relative scale, sold my $1100 AZ Hologram II cables since they offered nothing the Grover S couldn't do at 1/3 the price......I am 100% Grover S now (all cables all systems)

Why not ask Grover to make you balanced Grover S to replace that generic Mogami XLR for computer system?

Mar 19, 2007 at 1:02 AM Post #103 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by chesebert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any comparisons done?

I'm using a quad pair of his S speaker cables, which I have biwired (replacing the SR/UR combination of his that I used to use), and it sounds great!

Mar 26, 2007 at 3:09 PM Post #104 of 114
I have now used Grover S bi-wire speaker cables for one month on Polk SDA-SRS2 speakers (with upgraded RD-0194 silk dome tweeters and with upgraded crossovers using tighter spec Solen caps and Mills resistors), replacing older Grover UR single run speaker cables. The Grover S bi-wires provide greater presence/detail and better depth in soundstage than the Grover UR did on same speakers. I am running a custom SDA speaker interconnect cable made by Grover from his UR wire.

The Grover UR speaker cables are moved to surround channels duty, replacing and outperforming Element Cable Twisted Pair speaker cable on Polk Fxi-5s.
Still using Grover SR speaker cable on center channel Polk CSi-5.

All ICs are Grover S.

All power cords are Black Sand Violets.

Source: Denon DVD-3910

Front left/right preamp: Modwright SWL 9.0 SE with Bendix 6900 tubes and tube rectified power supply (stock Sovtek 5AR4 until Mullard 5AR4 arrives).

Surround preamp: PS Audio PCA-2

Center channel preamp: Sunfire Symphonic Reference

Front left/right amps: Odyssey Mono Extreme SE (w/ Klaus's "special boards")

Surround and center amp: Odyssey HT-3 with capacitance upgrade.

Mar 26, 2007 at 4:06 PM Post #105 of 114
Quote:

Originally Posted by rlmacklin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have now used Grover S bi-wire speaker cables for one month on Polk SDA-SRS2 speakers (with upgraded RD-0194 silk dome tweeters and with upgraded crossovers using tighter spec Solen caps and Mills resistors), replacing older Grover UR single run speaker cables. The Grover S bi-wires provide greater presence/detail and better depth in soundstage than the Grover UR did on same speakers. I am running a custom SDA speaker interconnect cable made by Grover from his UR wire.

The Grover UR speaker cables are moved to surround channels duty, replacing and outperforming Element Cable Twisted Pair speaker cable on Polk Fxi-5s.
Still using Grover SR speaker cable on center channel Polk CSi-5.

All ICs are Grover S.

All power cords are Black Sand Violets.

Source: Denon DVD-3910

Front left/right preamp: Modwright SWL 9.0 SE with Bendix 6900 tubes and tube rectified power supply (stock Sovtek 5AR4 until Mullard 5AR4 arrives).

Surround preamp: PS Audio PCA-2

Center channel preamp: Sunfire Symphonic Reference

Front left/right amps: Odyssey Mono Extreme SE (w/ Klaus's "special boards")

Surround and center amp: Odyssey HT-3 with capacitance upgrade.

Nice!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back